Bad Experience

aMule stands for all-platform eMule file-sharing program. It is affiliated with the eMule project and was forked from xMule on 08/2003. It connects to the eDonkey2000 network, supports Linux, Mac, Solaris, *BSD platforms, and nearly every processor arch.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

sickboy
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Bad Experience

Post by sickboy »

Dear Sir/Madam:

The aMule module crashes constantly, I have tried lower the configuration defaults in aMule configuration and nothing helps. The module will be up and running for like 15 min. then stop web page response (I left the Chome browser in aMule Statistic page), I have to manually stop and restart the aMule from App Central to bring it back alive.

Thank you
Kerry

Re: Bad Experience

Post by Kerry »

I have downloaded a lot of video using aMule without such issue. Have you tried Asustor Download Station or uTorrent or NZB? Will you encounter the same?
sickboy

Post by sickboy »

The Download Center is working fine for BT and I have not used the SickRage or SickBeard.

I tried different configuration for aMule, lowering the connection limits, file sources, but it still crashes.

When I first boot up AS604T aMule will run for almost 30 min. without problem, then it will crash, web-page will not respond and from Network Tab in Activity Monitor, the LAN activity is at minimum. Then I need to open App Central and "turn off" aMule and "turn on" again. Now web-page can be accessed, UL/DL resume, but this time aMule will crash sooner then first time. Repeating the above for 5 or 6 times, now aMule will crash with in minutes. (The page re-flash at 120 second, so when web-page cannot display, I will know aMule crashed)

I'm novice in IT stuff and aMule is what I am familiar, so I try to explain the situation to best of my ability, if I need to film or take picture of the matter to help you resolve the issue please let me know. This AS604T is still within the 7 days return policy, if this issue is something Asustor cannot resolve, please kindly advise if I should return the product.

Thank you.
MrK

Post by MrK »

Have you tried to not use bonding for a test? And if your familiar with linux command line you could check the aMule log file (/usr/local/AppCentral/amule/etc/logfile) for errors.
Storage: AS-202T | AS-604T (borrowed)
PC/Laptop: iMac 27" & rMBP 15"
Media Server/Player: Plex on ASUSTOR NAS & Samsung TV
sickboy

Post by sickboy »

What do you mean by "not using bonding for a test?" Please give me detail instructions.

And no, I'm not familiar with linux command.
MrK

Post by MrK »

> not bonding :
> Ethernet: LAN 1+2
> Link Aggregation: Round-Robin
Try using only one network cable and disable link aggregation

> And no, I'm not familiar with linux command.
Too bad.
Storage: AS-202T | AS-604T (borrowed)
PC/Laptop: iMac 27" & rMBP 15"
Media Server/Player: Plex on ASUSTOR NAS & Samsung TV
HBK

Post by HBK »

The amule.conf file can be found in /usr/local/AppCentral/amule/etc and the two download directories (Temp and Incoming) are in /volume1/Download/aMule. Putting the amule.conf in the application directory seems the right place for me but makes it harder to change the file manually without accessing the NAS using SSH. But putting amule.conf into /volume1/Download/aMule is risky too since people may delete that folder too easy.

Return to “aMule”