No emule/amule?

aMule stands for all-platform eMule file-sharing program. It is affiliated with the eMule project and was forked from xMule on 08/2003. It connects to the eDonkey2000 network, supports Linux, Mac, Solaris, *BSD platforms, and nearly every processor arch.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Slime
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

No emule/amule?

Post by Slime »

The client emule/amule will be integrated into the download center? Or reside on a separate application?
Steve@AST

Re: No emule/amule?

Post by Steve@AST »

Hi Slime,

We have put emule/amule in our App development roadmap, however, we are still evaluate integrate into Download Center or not.
so it's hard to provide a definite answer.

br.

Steve
ASUSTOR AS-602T
MacBook Air
iPhone 4s, New iPad, iPod nano
audiophile

Post by audiophile »

I am sure asustor will decide against emule/amule integration because of high security risk. Further emule/amule depends on a huge amount of open and half-open udp connections (ports) to the internet. this might severely restrain NAS availability and performance in the intranet...

Regards,
--audiophile
jas2000

Post by jas2000 »

any news?
MrK

Post by MrK »

Hey,

Created a package for aMule 2.3.1 for ASUSTOR. Maybe someone could give a try and provide some feedback?

aMule 2.3.1 for ASUSTOR AS-20xT/AS-20xTE & AS-30xT
aMule 2.3.1 for ASUSTOR AS-60xT

The password for the web interface (and for the EC interface too) is "admin", without the quotes of course. Using the aMule Remote GUI you can change the web password. Changing the EC interface password didn't work for me from the Remote GUI. There's no way to change the password using the web interface - which is really a unfortunate. Everything you find on the internet is a description how you do it manually ($ echo -n <your password here> | md5sum | cut -d' ' -f1).

The amule.conf file can be found in /usr/local/AppCentral/amule/etc and the two download directories (Temp and Incoming) are in /volume1/Download/aMule. Putting the amule.conf in the application directory seems the right place for me but makes it harder to change the file manually without accessing the NAS using SSH. But putting amule.conf into /volume1/Download/aMule is risky too since people may delete that folder too easy.

cu
Thomas
Storage: AS-202T | AS-604T (borrowed)
PC/Laptop: iMac 27" & rMBP 15"
Media Server/Player: Plex on ASUSTOR NAS & Samsung TV
bouman4

Post by bouman4 »

the program is unstable. is regularly away.
it is possible to make zoekken advanced search by zip rar jpg avi etc.
Max36

Post by Max36 »

Thank you MrK! The program works fine for me and quite stable.

The problem with changing password for Remote GUI has been solved a bit easier. Using Remote GUI I've changed password for WEB interface and just copied the data from WEBPassword field to ECPassword field in the amule.conf file. It works.

Any plans /ideas about update to the 2.3.2 version? As far as 2.3.1 is "a bit" :) outdated?

Thank you,
Maxim
pyliu

Post by pyliu »

aMule 2.3.1 for ASUSTOR AS-20xT/AS-20xTE & AS-30xT
the link is dead ... :(
Could somebody make a new one for my poor AS-202TE system?
pyliu

Post by pyliu »

found https://github.com/twilight2001/amule-apkg on github ...
I tried to copy whole source to my AS-202te and executed the build script from there.
After fixed lib-i386 soft link issues, I got the worked apk out.
I am glad to have aMule back on my old AS2 NAS. :D
Here is the aMule 2.3.2 for ASUSTOR AS-20xT/AS-20xTE & AS-30xT

I found that 2.3.2 has problem in searching content, the result count is much less than 2.3.1-r4 version (especially for CJK).
I put the aMule 2.3.1-r4 for ASUSTOR AS-20xT/AS-20xTE & AS-30xT here once someone might want to try.
Last edited by pyliu on Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Max36

Post by Max36 »

Pyliu, great news! Believe many owners of AS2 series will be thankful for you! In order to avoid the problem with dead links you may want to place the build in the Asustor Developer Center. This way it should be published for all in App Central.

I would like to test it, but not sure if i386 version will be compatible with x64 AS62 series. May be some ideas about how to make x64 version? :)

Return to “aMule”