No Internet when connected to VPN Server on 604T

ASUSTOR's VPN service brings businesses a truly effective solution.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Matt.Steeljaw
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

No Internet when connected to VPN Server on 604T

Post by Matt.Steeljaw »

Hi,
I need help.
When i'm connected to my OpenVPN Server internet doesn't work.
Anyone know what to do?
exceladdict

Re: No Internet when connected to VPN Server on 604T

Post by exceladdict »

For me, I had a similar problem, and found that changing the DNS from 8.8.8.8 (google DNS) to the DNS of my home ISP it fixed it (clients could then access the internet when connected)
jonci

Post by jonci »

I face the same problem but change the DNS is not work for me? Any other way that I and do?
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

It's not easy to debug ... with only "it don't work" ... so first try to get more information

1 is it the client side that lost the Internet access when OpenVPN connection is establish
... if yes ... look at route table ... if the default is OpnVPN address ... change the default gateway at client side at OpenVPN server side uncheck "redirect gateway"
2 it's at server side ... so you can't access Internet when you are connected through OpenVPN
... be sure "redirect gateway" is checked (this imply that you pass through NAS for all your Internet traffic)
... verify route (ip command on NAS)
... verify iptables masquerade configuration
... if no Iptables, be sure that OpenVPN network is accepted as source by your box or router
3 you can't access from your client other servers in your LAN (server side) and no more your router but you have Internet at client side and access to NAS through OpenVPN
... add a route use push directive in openVPN client configuration or add manually a route to your NAS LAN network
... another error is your NAS network and client network are same (ex. 192.168.1.0) ... YOU must change one of them to another distinct network NEVER expect a good result if you keep the same network (or subnet)

In all case, please explicit you data link (configuration at each side) openVPN configuration file (WITHOUT (hide ti or delete lines) real DNS name and port you used)

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T

Return to “VPN Server”