VPN server connection

ASUSTOR's VPN service brings businesses a truly effective solution.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

igracgq
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

VPN server connection

Post by igracgq »

So I setup the VPN server on Asustor (Tried all three the OpenVPN, L2TP and PPTP). I was able to connect to Asustor (located on home network) via my android phone on my mobile carier network. PPTP or L2TP established the connection via built in parameters of the phone and for OpenVPN I had to download the OpenVPN app. Anyhow, connection was esablished fine and I see on asustor in the Overview section as well that my android phone was connected, however no traffic goes through and I can't surf or use any data via any app on my phone.

I figure that it can't be port forwarding, since the connection was established, server is enabled and working, so not really sure how to troubleshoot this. My lan gateway (where asustor is located) is 192.168.0.1 and vpn is 10.0.10.1-10.0.10.254, so they are not the same and there is no conflict there.

And yes, I didn't use both OpenVPN, L2TP and PPTP at the same time. Tried one, then disabled it and tried the other, so each of the VPN's wouldn't affect one another. And also tired on wife's iphone (different mobile carrier network than my android) and didn't work out. So its not just my phone specific. And yes, even though I was at home, the phones were not connected to my wifi obviously when I was testing.

Anything else I should consider?

P.S Im running ADM 4.0 and AS6404T
AS-602 with 3GB ram, 4TB WD Red

Qnap TS-119, DD-WRT Linksys 310n, WDlxTV player, RasperryPi OpenELEC

Return to “VPN Server”