Not connecting to enough peers in swarm

Fast, easy, and free BitTorrent client daemon, which can be controlled through desktop, mobile applications or web gui.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

yogibogs
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Not connecting to enough peers in swarm

Post by yogibogs »

I've been trying to figure out was is wrong with my new AS-7008T Nas. I've set up everything correctly for torrent downloading via transmission but it´s not working correctly. if I add a torrent that has something like 250 seeders in the swarm, it only connects to 4-5 seeders (I've specified max peers per torrent to 70) this happens regardless of tracker and it often takes ages to before transmission starts the download. At first I thought that it may be the WD red 8TB HDD that wasn't keeping up with my connection (100Mbit/100Mbit), but now I'm thinking that it has something to do with ADM or the transmission app. when I try using my synology ds713+ with transmission it picks up peers from the swarm almost immediately! Anyone have any suggestions?

Edit - Well made a fresh install of transmission and it started working again.....and the 2 hours later I'm back to the same issue! Even maxed out my upload speed when seeding..and all of a sudden things just died down. Also, the transmission-da process just stays as sleeping...when I download a file it keeps going back and forth between running and sleeping?! I'm just about do give up on Asustor..thought I might try something different from synology...but this has been a disaster from the beginning and the Asustor support is even worse that synology (which I didn't think was possible).
sys

Re: Not connecting to enough peers in swarm

Post by sys »

Transmission is apparently a 3rd party contributed app which I do not know about. Have you tried the Download Center app in App Central? It works quite well for me.
sys

Post by sys »

can you give a few torrents to help you try? I just tried this one and the download is very fast. http://extratorrent.cc/torrent/4702656/

My connection is 100/40 Mbit.
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

There are a lot of better torrenting apps out there, than DLC. uTorrent is one I highly recommend. It works very well with private torrenting sites, and you can pass along time requirements or ratios to uTorrent with Couchpotato or Sonarr.
yogibogs

Post by yogibogs »

MikeG.6.5 wrote:There are a lot of better torrenting apps out there, than DLC. uTorrent is one I highly recommend. It works very well with private torrenting sites, and you can pass along time requirements or ratios to uTorrent with Couchpotato or Sonarr.
I agree! Wouldn't touch DLC with a ten foot pole. Tried utorrent and it connected to the tracker imediatly! Only downside is that when I restart the utorrent app in ADM it doesn't resume the torrent file...seems to reset my settings as well...also, not very lightweight..CPU usage is quite high.

Return to “transmission”