New relase available!

Fast, easy, and free BitTorrent client daemon, which can be controlled through desktop, mobile applications or web gui.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Kami
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

New relase available!

Post by Kami »

New relase available (2.91)!
When will it be updated?
AS-202T
fabo

Re: New relase available!

Post by fabo »

Hi,

I've built transmission 2.92 (x86_64). Source can be found on Github.
I can provide x86_64 pre-built package if people are interested but I'll try to get it updated officially.

Changes:
* yet another package structure (not the same as the official package or the unofficial package from Mathias)
* web interface should work out of the box

Known issues:
* it doesn't support the upgrade path with the official package
* no tested on ARM (I don't have an ARM based Asustor)
tjbain

Post by tjbain »

fabo wrote:Hi,

I can provide x86_64 pre-built package if people are interested but I'll try to get it updated officially.

Changes:
* yet another package structure (not the same as the official package or the unofficial package from Mathias)
* web interface should work out of the box

Known issues:
* it doesn't support the upgrade path with the official package
* no tested on ARM (I don't have an ARM based Asustor)
Greetings...is your package the one that I can see and download in ADM's App Center? If not, I'd be more than happy to give your version a test run.

I'm working with an 8GB AS6204T
neptune

Post by neptune »

fabo wrote:Hi,

Hi, I'd like to try this release please. The one through appcentral isn't stable, keeps crashing.

Thanks!
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

neptune wrote:Hi, I'd like to try this release please. The one through appcentral isn't stable, keeps crashing.

Thanks!
Feel free to use my version if you want. You can find it here. The source (without binaries) can be found in my asustor-packages repo on GitHub.
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
Storage: AS-604T with 3GB RAM (Kingston KVR1333D3S8S9/2G)
neptune

Post by neptune »

mafredri wrote:
neptune wrote:Hi, I'd like to try this release please. The one through appcentral isn't stable, keeps crashing.

Thanks!
Feel free to use my version if you want. You can find it here. The source (without binaries) can be found in my asustor-packages repo on GitHub.
Thanks very much! Will give this a go
BTW, where is the settings file located to modify some parameters that are not available in the gui?
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

neptune wrote:BTW, where is the settings file located to modify some parameters that are not available in the gui?
You can find the settings at /usr/local/AppCentral/transmission/config/settings.json. Remember to make sure Transmission is not running before making any changes (e.g. disable the app in AppCentral), otherwise they will be overwritten the next time Transmission stopped.

EDIT: Or alternatively, make the changes and then run:

Code: Select all

/usr/local/AppCentral/transmission/CONTROL/start-stop.sh reload
which will force Transmission to reload the configuration.
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
neptune

Post by neptune »

mafredri wrote:You can find the settings at /usr/local/AppCentral/transmission/config/settings.json. Remember to make sure Transmission is not running before making any changes (e.g. disable the app in AppCentral), otherwise they will be overwritten the next time Transmission stopped.

EDIT: Or alternatively, make the changes and then run:

Code: Select all

/usr/local/AppCentral/transmission/CONTROL/start-stop.sh reload
which will force Transmission to reload the configuration.
Many thanks friend!
neptune

Post by neptune »

mafredri wrote:Feel free to use my version if you want. You can find it here. The source (without binaries) can be found in my asustor-packages repo on GitHub.
Just want to say - your app is working wonderfully!! No errors or crashes. The other one from appcentral repository keeps crashing and gives permission errors.

Thanks very much again for the great app!
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

neptune wrote:Just want to say - your app is working wonderfully!! No errors or crashes. The other one from appcentral repository keeps crashing and gives permission errors.

Thanks very much again for the great app!
I'm glad to hear it's working well for you, you're welcome! Wish I could improve the situation with the AppCentral version, maybe I'll try being in contact with the maintainer.

Cheers,
Mathias

Return to “transmission”