New relase available!

Fast, easy, and free BitTorrent client daemon, which can be controlled through desktop, mobile applications or web gui.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

neptune
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: New relase available!

Post by neptune »

mafredri wrote:
neptune wrote:Just want to say - your app is working wonderfully!! No errors or crashes. The other one from appcentral repository keeps crashing and gives permission errors.

Thanks very much again for the great app!
I'm glad to hear it's working well for you, you're welcome! Wish I could improve the situation with the AppCentral version, maybe I'll try being in contact with the maintainer.

Cheers,
Mathias
I've noticed an issue happening with most torrents:
Transmission is not moving finished torrents from incomplete folder to the completed folder. They all remain in the incomplete folder and I have to move it manually.
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

neptune wrote:I've noticed an issue happening with most torrents:
Transmission is not moving finished torrents from incomplete folder to the completed folder. They all remain in the incomplete folder and I have to move it manually.
I’m guessing you have made sure that the incomplete and complete folders are set to different paths and that both exist? Were the torrents added before or after making any changes to (in)complete folders?

I’m wondering if this could be a configuration or a permission issue. Have you checked the folder permissions and that the admin user has permissions to them?

I’m heading to bed now but I can try to investigate tomorrow.

PS. Your transmission configuration could be helpful, feel free to pm or email me if you don’t want to share here.
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
Storage: AS-604T with 3GB RAM (Kingston KVR1333D3S8S9/2G)
neptune

Post by neptune »

mafredri wrote:I’m guessing you have made sure that the incomplete and complete folders are set to different paths and that both exist? Were the torrents added before or after making any changes to (in)complete folders?

I’m wondering if this could be a configuration or a permission issue. Have you checked the folder permissions and that the admin user has permissions to them?

I’m heading to bed now but I can try to investigate tomorrow.

PS. Your transmission configuration could be helpful, feel free to pm or email me if you don’t want to share here.
Yes, both folders have different paths and admin user has full permissions.
I'll pm you my settings file.

Thanks very much!
neptune

Post by neptune »

Want to point out that Deluge moves torrents from incomplete to complete folder without any problems. This is using your Deluge from appcentral.
So seems like a problem with Transmission itself?
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

neptune wrote:Want to point out that Deluge moves torrents from incomplete to complete folder without any problems. This is using your Deluge from appcentral.
So seems like a problem with Transmission itself?
Interesting, I'm using the same transmission package that you are (if you downloaded my version) and our configs are very similar. Moving works for me :/.

I'm pulling at straws here but:
  • Could it be that you have not restarted (or reloaded) Transmission since changing the config to include temp dir?
  • Could the files already exist in the completed directory and are not moved due to collision?
If that's not the problem, could you post the output of (shows only directory attributes):

Code: Select all

ls -dlh /volume1/Multimedia/Videos /volume1/Multimedia/Incomplete
Just in case it's the permissions, you could try the following:

chown -R admin:administrators /volume1/Multimedia/Videos /volume1/Multimedia/Incomplete
chmod 0777 /volume1/Multimedia/Videos /volume1/Multimedia/Incomplete
After this, try to add a new torrent that you haven't downloaded before and see if there's still a problem.

If none of the above works, you could try to run transmission manually and see if there's any clues in the log output (or I can make you a debug build that writes to a log file, if you prefer). Here's how you would do that:

ssh root@my-nas-ip

/usr/local/AppCentral/transmission/CONTROL/start-stop.sh stop
su - admin
transmission-daemon --config-dir /usr/local/AppCentral/transmission/config
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
neptune

Post by neptune »

Have restarted transmission already after config changes.
The files don't exist in destination, so shouldn't be any collisions

Output of ls command

drwxrwxrwx    5 userXX  users       4.0K Nov  8 21:57 /volume1/Multimedia/Incomplete/
drwxrwxrwx   40 userXX  users       4.0K Nov  7 13:20 /volume1/Multimedia/Videos/
And after chown:

drwxrwxrwx    5 admin    administ    4.0K Nov  8 21:57 /volume1/Multimedia/Incomplete/
drwxrwxrwx   40 admin    administ    4.0K Nov  7 13:20 /volume1/Multimedia/Videos/
Folders are already 777 so I skipped that command.

Will add a new torrent this week and see if it gets moved. If not, then will get logs.

Thanks very much!
neptune

Post by neptune »

Added a new torrent yesterday but it wasn't moved to the complete folder either.
Where are the logs stored? I started trans manually.
neptune

Post by neptune »

An update:

I noticed today that a torrent was moved to the completed folder automatically.
What's different about this vs the previous ones is that this one had finished seeding, while the others that I mentioned previously had just finished downloading and were still seeding.
However, on my old QNAP running transmission, as soon as the download would finish, the files would get moved first and then start seeding.
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

neptune wrote:An update:

I noticed today that a torrent was moved to the completed folder automatically.
What's different about this vs the previous ones is that this one had finished seeding, while the others that I mentioned previously had just finished downloading and were still seeding.
However, on my old QNAP running transmission, as soon as the download would finish, the files would get moved first and then start seeding.
Not sure why that is, but it doesn't seem like a problem I can fix, more like a feature of Transmission :| . There's one configuration option that could perhaps have an effect on this:

"seed-queue-enabled": false
But if not, logs are the only thing that could help in debugging this. I made a debug build (-debug0) of Transmission that you can install if you don't want to go through the hassle of manually gathering logs, it will save the log to /usr/local/AppCentral/transmission/config/debug.log. You can download it from the link I provided earlier.
neptune

Post by neptune »

mafredri wrote: Not sure why that is, but it doesn't seem like a problem I can fix, more like a feature of Transmission :| . There's one configuration option that could perhaps have an effect on this:

"seed-queue-enabled": false
But if not, logs are the only thing that could help in debugging this. I made a debug build (-debug0) of Transmission that you can install if you don't want to go through the hassle of manually gathering logs, it will save the log to /usr/local/AppCentral/transmission/config/debug.log. You can download it from the link I provided earlier.
Seems I spoke too soon. Another new torrent didnt get moved even after it finished seeding. So looks like that one was an anomaly.
I'll get the debug build soon. How soon after starting transmission should I get the log file?

Return to “transmission”