2.84 - Cannot route through VPN

Fast, easy, and free BitTorrent client daemon, which can be controlled through desktop, mobile applications or web gui.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

dhstsw
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: 2.84 - Cannot route through VPN

Post by dhstsw »

Well, a few days ago everything stopped working.
Didn't do anything to the configs or to anything else.

VPN connects but no trafic is going thru it.

(service is ok, works from windows or if i configure it on the wrt router).

ip route and so on, everything is the same as it was. :oops:

I even try other openvpn bins (from astware) but it's the same: looks like the NAS is blocking trafic as soon as a VPN connection is established (btw, even if configured on PPTP).

:-/
AS-304T
If you own a series 2/3/6 Asustor it's very likely you won't get XBMC 13.x/Kodi.
But easily you'll end buying a kitchen from UK.
dhstsw

Post by dhstsw »

Mafredi, i think there must be a problem in your transmission package (either in the start-stop.sh or in the binary).

All you can read in the message up happens when i launch transmission (traffic isn't going anymore into the vpn).

Replacing transmission with the one in asustor repository solved the situation.
AS-304T
If you own a series 2/3/6 Asustor it's very likely you won't get XBMC 13.x/Kodi.
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

dhstsw wrote:Mafredi, i think there must be a problem in your transmission package (either in the start-stop.sh or in the binary).

All you can read in the message up happens when i launch transmission (traffic isn't going anymore into the vpn).

Did you consider that the configuration files for the Transmission in the App Central are located elsewhere? Are you updating the correct configuration files? I constantly have Transmission under heavy use with no problems.

PS. I hope you had installed transmission_2.84-r1_i386.apk and not an older version.
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
Storage: AS-604T with 3GB RAM (Kingston KVR1333D3S8S9/2G)
dhstsw

Post by dhstsw »

mafredri wrote:
dhstsw wrote:Mafredi, i think there must be a problem in your transmission package (either in the start-stop.sh or in the binary).

Did you consider that the configuration files for the Transmission in the App Central are located elsewhere? Are you updating the correct configuration files? I constantly have Transmission under heavy use with no problems.

PS. I hope you had installed transmission_2.84-r1_i386.apk and not an older version.
Yup, config files have been moved to the other disto path (in /volume1/Download/.transmission).

I don't doubt it's ok at you. Fact is, i've been smashing my head against the wall until i tried to go back to the Kosyak apk, wich solved the problem. Don't know what to say.
AS-304T

Return to “transmission”