APK: Transmission 2.84 (ADM 2.2)

Fast, easy, and free BitTorrent client daemon, which can be controlled through desktop, mobile applications or web gui.
mafredri
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

APK: Transmission 2.84 (ADM 2.2)

Post by mafredri »

Since I upgraded to ADM 2.2 and needed Transmission I took it upon myself to update it.

UPDATE 2014-07-29: Updated Transmission to 2.84
UPDATE: Initial release for AS-2 and AS-3 as well (untested)

Release notes:
  • Transmission updated to 2.83 for ADM 2.2
  • AS-2 and AS-3 have not been tested since I only have an AS-6
  • WARNING: This APK will most likely NOT be compatible with future releases from Kosyak, if he decides to update Transmission. The reason being that I changed the folder structure to put all user-configuration files inside $APKG_PKG_DIR/config instead of the root-directory as Kosyak did. This is to make updating easier and make sure configuration files aren't lost.
  • Init script borrowed from Kosyak
Changelog:
  • 2.84: Transmission version bump.
  • 2.83-r2: Added default settings.json with whitelist disabled and full file preallocation enabled (for better performance). Only applicable to new installations, the whitelist disable is a requirement to be able to access the web-ui.
  • 2.83-r1: Added some missing libs.
Download link:
Transmission 2.84 (AS-6)
Transmission 2.84 (AS-2, AS-3)
Last edited by mafredri on Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
Storage: AS-604T with 3GB RAM (Kingston KVR1333D3S8S9/2G)
cyph

Re: APK: Transmission 2.83 (ADM 2.2)

Post by cyph »

Awesome work!

I've tested it and it works perfectly. I recommend that you submit this to Asustor to get this as the default transmission app since the current one is broken.
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

cyph wrote:Awesome work!

I've tested it and it works perfectly. I recommend that you submit this to Asustor to get this as the default transmission app since the current one is broken.
Thanks!

I've contacted Kosyak by email to see if he has future plans for Transmission, and if not, offered to take over maintainership. At this time I cannot submit my APK because "transmission" is owned by Kosyak and I feel there should not be duplicate apps in the App Central.

It also looks like Transmission just released a critical security update (2.84) so I should bump the version for this APK too.
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
cyph

Post by cyph »

I hope you pick it up. We need more active developers.

Quick question, I was looking to update the transmission-daemon myself but could not find a precompiled version anywhere. Did you compile it from source?
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

Received a response from Kosyak, looks like he has submitted and updated version to ADM. After quickly looking through his updated APK though, it looks like it will not backup your configuration when upgrading. I recommend taking backups if updating. Also he had moved the configuration folder into /volume1/Download/.transmission.

In regards to the binary, I compiled it from source.

Cheers,
Mathias
andy040670

Post by andy040670 »

mafredri wrote:Since I upgraded to ADM 2.2 and needed Transmission I took it upon myself to update it.

UPDATE: Initial release for AS-2 and AS-3 as well (untested)

Release notes:
  • Transmission updated to 2.83 for ADM 2.2
  • AS-2 and AS-3 have not been tested since I only have an AS-6
  • WARNING: This APK will most likely NOT be compatible with future releases from Kosyak, if he decides to update Transmission. The reason being that I changed the folder structure to put all user-configuration files inside $APKG_PKG_DIR/config instead of the root-directory as Kosyak did. This is to make updating easier and make sure configuration files aren't lost.
  • Init script borrowed from Kosyak
Changelog:
  • 2.83-r2: Added default settings.json with whitelist disabled and full file preallocation enabled (for better performance). Only applicable to new installations, the whitelist disable is a requirement to be able to access the web-ui.
  • 2.83-r1: Added some missing libs.
Download link:
Transmission 2.83-r2 (AS-6)
Transmission 2.83-r1 (AS-2, AS-3)
Thank you for the work done.
callifo

Post by callifo »

mafredri wrote:Received a response from Kosyak, looks like he has submitted and updated version to ADM. After quickly looking through his updated APK though, it looks like it will not backup your configuration when upgrading. I recommend taking backups if updating. Also he had moved the configuration folder into /volume1/Download/.transmission.

In regards to the binary, I compiled it from source.

Cheers,
Mathias
Should there be another version available or does the approval process take a while? Mines usable but it seems to crash every 6 hours or so.
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

callifo wrote:Should there be another version available or does the approval process take a while? Mines usable but it seems to crash every 6 hours or so.
As far as I know, it takes a while. No idea how long since I don't have previous experience with submitting to the App Central.

Are you having problems with my apk or the official one? Also, which NAS model are you running it on?
callifo

Post by callifo »

Only on the official build for the 604 at the moment. If it means that I'll have issues with going back to the official builds I don't mind waiting a while for an update.
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

callifo wrote:Only on the official build for the 604 at the moment. If it means that I'll have issues with going back to the official builds I don't mind waiting a while for an update.
Ok, the official build will not work well since OpenSSL was updated. I also had a look at the new official build that Kosyak sent me, and unless he fixes it, it will not back up your configuration and all settings will be lost upon update anyway. (In the future this will not happen though since he moved the configuration to /volume1/Download/.transmission).

Just a word of warning if you update the official version once it hits the App Central.

Return to “transmission”