Where is the GUI and the advanced options?

Fast, easy, and free BitTorrent client daemon, which can be controlled through desktop, mobile applications or web gui.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

nero78
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Where is the GUI and the advanced options?

Post by nero78 »

On my QNAP I had a full desktop GUI and advanced options. I could use RSS for instance. I also had support for watchfolder and lots more... It seems that transmission on asustor is just a small part of the full package? Am I wrong? I'm missing something?
nero78

Re: Where is the GUI and the advanced options?

Post by nero78 »

Nobody care to reply?
mafredri

Re: Where is the GUI and the advanced options?

Post by mafredri »

@nero78 that is partially correct. Transmission on the NAS is the full version without a UI, and runs the included WebUI for management (it is more restricted than the desktop UI). It would not be feasible to provide the full desktop UI for transmission as it would require hacks and workarounds to keep it running on the NAS and allowing the user to manage it.

There are projects that provide a better UI, though. You can use the to connect to the transmission daemon running on the NAS. For example transmission-remote-gui is one such project, and Electorrent is another. There are probably lots more you can try and hopefully find one you like!

Cheers,
Mathias
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
Storage: AS-604T with 3GB RAM (Kingston KVR1333D3S8S9/2G)

Return to “transmission”