Permission problem on Album when uploading/removing pictures

Photo Gallery is a dedicated web photo album that makes photo management easy. The interface is clean and concise with albums appearing in the album list consisting of a cover photo and 4 smaller thumbnail photos.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Rick172
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Permission problem on Album when uploading/removing pictures

Post by Rick172 »

I have installed Photo Gallery and have created an album to upload pictures

basically the structure is:

Asustor/PhotoGallery/Album

Album is set as PRIVATE and privileges are set as Browse/Upload/Manage for all the users

If I use the web interface I am able to upload/remove pictures with no problems.

However when I try to access the folder from Windows (so NOT using the web interface but mapping the folder as a remote hard drive/folder) I can access Photo Gallery folder and files but, when I enter inside the album subfolder, I have only with read access: I can browse different pictures but can't remove or upload new ones

if I try to do this on Asustor/PhotoGallery/ I can create/delete files
If I try to do this on Asustor/PhotoGallery/Album I can't create/delete files

I have also checked ACCESS CONTROL and all users have RW privilege on Photo Gallery folder. I have noticed however that it's not possible to activate Windows ACL on this folder (the tab WINDOWS ACL is missing), is it perhaps this the reason?

Is this a bug or the ALBUM folder are "special folders" where no user can have RW privilege unless web interface is used?
orion

Re: Permission problem on Album when uploading/removing pictures

Post by orion »

If you setup permissions correctly, I think the most possible case is that you connected to NAS with a guest account (samba connection). You can check it under ADM web page -> System information -> online user.

Return to “Photo Gallery”