can't access Photo Gallery remotely

Photo Gallery is a dedicated web photo album that makes photo management easy. The interface is clean and concise with albums appearing in the album list consisting of a cover photo and 4 smaller thumbnail photos.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

dkobelak
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

can't access Photo Gallery remotely

Post by dkobelak »

So I installed the latest photo gallery to use with the AiPhoto app and I have a problem accessing it remotely.. I looked at the EZ-Connect settings and I do not see the app listed there, option for port forwarding is missing... I am assuming the port is not being forwarded thus I can not get remote access.. anyone know what port to use so I can try it manually? or if anyone has any other suggestions they are greatly welcome..
AS-5104T running stock memory;RAID 5 - 4x3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300;BIOS: v1.21 - ADM: 4.0.4.RQO2
AS-6204T running stock memory;RAID 5 - 3x8TB Seagate Ironwolf ST8000VN0022;BIOS: v2.23 - ADM: 4.0.4.RQO2
wde

Re: can't access Photo Gallery remotely

Post by wde »

Web Server ports. Defaults are 80 and 443 from this chart.
My NAS: Flashtor 6 FS6706T ADM: 4.3.0.RSB1 Router: Technicolor CGM4331COM (XB7)
MonsMagnus

Post by MonsMagnus »

dkobelak wrote:So I installed the latest photo gallery to use with the AiPhoto app and I have a problem accessing it remotely.. I looked at the EZ-Connect settings and I do not see the app listed there, option for port forwarding is missing... I am assuming the port is not being forwarded thus I can not get remote access.. anyone know what port to use so I can try it manually? or if anyone has any other suggestions they are greatly welcome..
I have attached a cheat sheet I have been adding to since I purchased my Asustor. It is compiled from various resources both here and around the WEB. Should answer some of your questions... PM me if you would like it in a MS word format so you can edit it with helpful information for your specific situation as well.
MonsMagnus

Post by MonsMagnus »

Since it appears I cant attach files...

Use link provided above this post for network port definitions.

Other useful notes below;

Accessing YourNASName From WAN
https://YourNASName.myasustor.com:80xx **NOTE** Be sure to forward port 80xx to your NAS port 8001 in your router. This will allow all NAS services using port 8001 to be accessible via WAN on port 80xx.

How to Increase Raid Rebuild Speed on Asustor
Q) recently broken a 4TB hard drive, replace Rebuild RAID1 found after 3 days, what method can speed up Rebuild speed

A) Because RAID is made up of Linux's software, it is helpful for some configuration files to help rebuild the array, but the relative load on the system is heavier, so if the speed of rebuilding the array will be faster NAS services caused by slow, so the adjustment to take the balance

In addition, this article is not an official technical article, but simply because the Linux system tuning, so modify the parameters does not guarantee that the system does not cause any problems, modify those who need to understand the possible risk exists

First, you need SSH login to Asustor's Console
Be sure to log in as root, the same password as admin password

Root @ AS-602T-C6DA: / volume1 /.@ root # cat /proc/sys/dev/raid/speed_limit_min
Root @ AS-602T-C6DA: / volume1 /.@ root # cat /proc/sys/dev/raid/speed_limit_max

If we list the RAID Rebuild speed related files, there will be two
One is speed_limit_min and the other is speed_limit_max
Min refers to the minimum speed 10000 is 1MB / s
Max means the maximum speed of 200000 is 20MB / s

For the system does not cause a significant burden, so we only for the min to make the amendment
echo 200000 >/proc/sys/dev/raid/speed_limit_min
echo 500000 >/proc/sys/dev/raid/speed_limit_max

The above statement means that 150000 is written to the speed_limit_min file
The minimum reconstruction speed is set to 15MB / s
This will speed up the pace of reconstruction

How To Change The Swappiness Value
The Linux kernel provides a tweakable setting that controls swappiness
$ cat /proc/sys/vm/swappiness
open /etc/sysctl.conf as root. Then, change or add this line to the file:
vm.swappiness = 25
for changing the swappiness value temporarily try this command:
$ echo 50 > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness

How does it answer "how to configure that to improve overall performance ?"

Swapping is needed when where your system performance is slow because it happens at times when you are running out of usable RAM, which would have slowed your system down (maybe even crashed applications) even if you didn't have swap. So to simplify things, swapping happens because your system is becoming bogged down, rather than the other way around - and in some cases it can save the day. –

How to setup autorun Script
You can follow the the steps below to run the demon on system startup

1. login NAS as "root" via ssh client (e.g. Utility like "Putty" on Windows or "terminal" on Mac)

2. Put your script under /usr/local/etc/init.d/

3. Rename script name to SXXscript_name (S00 ~ S99: script execute order, S00 is in order of first, S99 is in order of last)

e.g.

CODE: SELECT ALL
# mv /usr/local/etc/init.d/first_autorun.sh /usr/local/etc/init.d/S00first.sh
# mv /usr/local/etc/init.d/last_autorun.py /usr/local/etc/init.d/S99last.sh

Using the Find Command Example
find -name "routines.sh"
dkobelak

Post by dkobelak »

wde wrote:Web Server ports. Defaults are 80 and 443 from this chart.
so I used ez-connect and have those ports enabled.. yet remotely still can't access photo gallery.. I am able to access the NAS remotely and other applications I have forwarded ports on.. but photo gallery is the only one i'm still having issues with..

UPDATE:

I was able to get this going.. for some reason EZ-connect failed in forwarding the ports.. i ended up going into the router and manually forwarded the two ports (80, 443) for the NAS and seems to be working now.. thanks guys..
AS-5104T running stock memory;RAID 5 - 4x3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300;BIOS: v1.21 - ADM: 4.0.4.RQO2
AS-6204T running stock memory;RAID 5 - 3x8TB Seagate Ironwolf ST8000VN0022;BIOS: v2.23 - ADM: 4.0.4.RQO2

Return to “Photo Gallery”