Move Photo Gallery Main Folder

Photo Gallery is a dedicated web photo album that makes photo management easy. The interface is clean and concise with albums appearing in the album list consisting of a cover photo and 4 smaller thumbnail photos.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

sunyang
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Move Photo Gallery Main Folder

Post by sunyang »

Hello to everyone, I've a big problem with my Asustor Nas.
I copied all my pictures on Photo Gallery from my iMac, it work good for me because I use Aiphoto too for upload new pictures directly to the Nas but...I've a SSD disk (250 GB) with ADM system and other 2 10 TB Disk installed to the NAs...I'd like to move the photo gallery main folder from SSD (Volume 1) to one of the other biggest disk.
It's possible?
Or the only solution is to put a biggest SSD disk with the operation System installed?

Thanks!!

SY
orion

Re: Move Photo Gallery Main Folder

Post by orion »

You can try to un-install PhotoGallery app first. Then go to ADM web page -> Access Control -> Shared Folders. Change "PhotoGallery" shared folder to the other bigger volume. Then, re-install PhotoGallery app. The trick seems working fine with me.
sunyang

Post by sunyang »

Thank you. very much!!
This one works good!

Thanks again
Trevi

Post by Trevi »

orion wrote:You can try to un-install PhotoGallery app first. Then go to ADM web page -> Access Control -> Shared Folders. Change "PhotoGallery" shared folder to the other bigger volume. Then, re-install PhotoGallery app. The trick seems working fine with me.
Can you please also advise on the following? Default folder for pictures is PhotoGallery. If the pictures are in any other folder, they are not visible in the AiFoto app. Unfortunately, all my pics are stored somewhere else, e.g. Multimedia/Pictures ... is it possible to change the main folder to folder in which my pics are stored? Thanks
orion

Post by orion »

Trevi wrote: Can you please also advise on the following? Default folder for pictures is PhotoGallery. If the pictures are in any other folder, they are not visible in the AiFoto app. Unfortunately, all my pics are stored somewhere else, e.g. Multimedia/Pictures ... is it possible to change the main folder to folder in which my pics are stored? Thanks
mm... I don't know how to achieve it under ADM web / PhotoGallery UI. However, if you know how to use ssh (or similar tools), you can achieve it by creating a symbolic link.

Code: Select all

# Example
ln -s /volume1/Multimedia/Pictures /volume1/PhotoGallery/Mediamedia_Pictures
After done, you may need to disable PhotoGallery, then re-enable it again to see the new folder / album.
Trevi

Post by Trevi »

orion wrote:
Trevi wrote: Can you please also advise on the following? Default folder for pictures is PhotoGallery. If the pictures are in any other folder, they are not visible in the AiFoto app. Unfortunately, all my pics are stored somewhere else, e.g. Multimedia/Pictures ... is it possible to change the main folder to folder in which my pics are stored? Thanks
mm... I don't know how to achieve it under ADM web / PhotoGallery UI. However, if you know how to use ssh (or similar tools), you can achieve it by creating a symbolic link.

# Example
ln -s /volume1/Multimedia/Pictures /volume1/PhotoGallery/Mediamedia_Pictures
After done, you may need to disable PhotoGallery, then re-enable it again to see the new folder / album.
Thanks! This looks promising. I am not much familier with SSH, however, I will manage somehow ... I have used PUTTY for some SSH work in the past. I guess it shall do the same job now. So basically I will log-in as admin in PUTTY and will run only this command, is it correct?

ln -s /volume1/Multimedia/[folder in which the pics are really stored] /volume1/PhotoGallery/[name of the future folder in PhotoGallery]

Name of the future folder in PhotoGallery folder, should it be created before I run the command? Once done, will I see the symbolic link somewhere in UI?

Thanks a lot!
orion

Post by orion »

Trevi wrote: Thanks! This looks promising. I am not much familier with SSH, however, I will manage somehow ... I have used PUTTY for some SSH work in the past. I guess it shall do the same job now. So basically I will log-in as admin in PUTTY and will run only this command, is it correct?

ln -s /volume1/Multimedia/[folder in which the pics are really stored] /volume1/PhotoGallery/[name of the future folder in PhotoGallery]

Name of the future folder in PhotoGallery folder, should it be created before I run the command? Once done, will I see the symbolic link somewhere in UI?

Thanks a lot!
You should not create "name of the future folder in PhotoGallery". This command will create a symbolic link file there (it will fail if the same name existed on that destination). You can list the content of the directory to see if the command is successful.

ls -al /volume1/PhotoGallery
The symbolic link file won't show under ADM File Explorer. However PhotoGallery should see it (disable PhotoGallery, then re-enable it again).
Trevi

Post by Trevi »

orion wrote:
Trevi wrote: Thanks! This looks promising. I am not much familier with SSH, however, I will manage somehow ... I have used PUTTY for some SSH work in the past. I guess it shall do the same job now. So basically I will log-in as admin in PUTTY and will run only this command, is it correct?

Thanks a lot!
You should not create "name of the future folder in PhotoGallery". This command will create a symbolic link file there (it will fail if the same name existed on that destination). You can list the content of the directory to see if the command is successful.

ls -al /volume1/PhotoGallery
The symbolic link file won't show under ADM File Explorer. However PhotoGallery should see it (disable PhotoGallery, then re-enable it again).
It looks it works :) I can see the folder "pictures" in PhotoGallery. However, I do not see any other folders nor pictures. Does it take some time to fetch the pictures? Or is there any issue?
orion

Post by orion »

Unfortunately, this way can only show the first level pictures, i.e., under [folder in which the pics are really stored]. It won't show sub-directories and the pictures under sub-directories.
Trevi

Post by Trevi »

orion wrote:Unfortunately, this way can only show the first level pictures, i.e., under [folder in which the pics are really stored]. It won't show sub-directories and the pictures under sub-directories.
Well, then this solution does not make any sense to me since I believe there is no single person who has got all pictures in one folder .. there is always some structure ... do you think there is better way?

Return to “Photo Gallery”