Share Album with Edit Access?

Photo Gallery is a dedicated web photo album that makes photo management easy. The interface is clean and concise with albums appearing in the album list consisting of a cover photo and 4 smaller thumbnail photos.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

izzy
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Share Album with Edit Access?

Post by izzy »

Hi,

Pretty sure the answer is no.
But does anyone know if you can share an Album with another user and also allow them to add photos / edit the album?
It seems that when you share its only read-only.

I'd be up for manually hacking the DB if it would allow this.
But looking at the schema and the SQLs I don't think it would allow what I want (given PG_Album has a primary key of just the AlbumID).

I guess the only option I have is to share an account.
General information
NAS: Nimbustor 4 (AS5304T)
izzy

Re: Share Album with Edit Access?

Post by izzy »

For anyone interested, I tried hacking the 'PG_Album' table in

Code: Select all

/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/photogallery/etc/photogallery.db
to allow multiple users to have the same album IDs but it didn't work.

SQL used:

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE PG_Album_Copy
(
   albumID varchar(2000000000) NOT NULL,
   flag integer NOT NULL,
   type varchar(2000000000),
   name varchar(2000000000),
   condition varchar(2000000000),
   create_time integer NOT NULL,
   user varchar(2000000000) DEFAULT 'admin' NOT NULL,
   is_general_album integer DEFAULT 1,
   share integer DEFAULT 0,
   search varchar(2000000000) DEFAULT '[0]',
   PRIMARY KEY (albumID, user)
)

INSERT INTO PG_Album_Copy 
   SELECT * FROM PG_Album

DROP TABLE PG_Album

ALTER TABLE PG_Album_Copy RENAME TO PG_Album
Than duplicate the desired albums for the additional user with SQL inserts

The original user could still add and remove to the album. The 'hacked in' user could see the album and it would allow them to add photos but despite the application saying it was successful it wasn't. Annoyingly I couldn't find any logs to get more info to further debug this.

Surely this would be an easy feature to add Asustor :lol:

Side note and I am not a DBA but I think using linking / cross reference tables would be a better approach than keeping 'Arrays' in columns for tags, shares and albums in the PG_Media table. Just my 2 cents.
General information
NAS: Nimbustor 4 (AS5304T)
Menzo1981

Post by Menzo1981 »

This is exactly the reason I bought a NAS and I am shocked to see this function is not available.
Asustor was even running ads that suggested we should switch from Google Photos, because they are limiting the free quota of the picture uploads and new pictures are taking up the storage space.

My wife and I are saving family photos and adding them to albums on Google Photos, currently we have to do 2 albums in AIFoto/PhotoGallery to do the same and none of us can edit the other's album.
If we could at least add/upload pictures to shared albums not created by ourselves, that would be great.

If this is really this basic as you say, than this functionality should be added as soon as possible.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

If photo gallery is not what you want, you can easily add some other photo gallery tools, some with complete shared possibilities.
You can do it by yourself (as in any Linux box) or used the APKG build and proposed in AppCentral by some contributor.

Based on your exchange here before, I can suggest to test Piwigo ... but other are proposed.
If, after limited test (in volume), you are not satisfied ... just remove the APKG and test another

If you do it yourself, the Web root is : /share/web and you can do what you want (apache is provide, php7 also and a simple : php -m command can list all the modules included if some are required) .

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T

Return to “Photo Gallery”