date problem with some photos from Google Photos

Photo Gallery is a dedicated web photo album that makes photo management easy. The interface is clean and concise with albums appearing in the album list consisting of a cover photo and 4 smaller thumbnail photos.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

tomjanda
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

date problem with some photos from Google Photos

Post by tomjanda »

Hello.
I decided to try a move from Google Photos to Asustor Photo Gallery 3 as described in https://www.asustor.com/en/solution/goo ... _ends_free.
However Photo Gallery did not recognised correct date of my 3.680 photos. And it is not something, I would like to repair manually, even if there is an option to do it (at it is not there).
I admit, that date of photos in file can be broken, but Google Takeout creates json file with correct dates (and other attributes) for each photo.

So my questions are
1) is there a way, how to force Photo Gallery to read photo attributes from json file instead from jpg file?
2) if so, is there a way, how to restart indexing of photos?

Photo Gallery is not as good as Google Photos (especially with photo/video edit features and AI capabilities), but as for free with my already running NAS, so I would like to give it a try and have it as possible backup solution, when I ran of of space in my Google Photos storage.

Thanks,
Tom
zorrotwee

Re: date problem with some photos from Google Photos

Post by zorrotwee »

Hi,

I have the same problem but with old photos. If I check the meta data EXIF all dates are correct and filled in, but the Photo Gallery seemed to use the created date (date on which I copied the file from my hard drive to my NAS) and not the other dates from the meta data. Is there a way we can choose what date to use?

Secondly I also have a lot of old pictures where the metadata was not set correctly and the dates are set way in the future (2100, 2027). I was able to set the metadata correctly with another tool, but in Photo Gallery 3 the dates keep being the old dates. Does Photo Gallery ever do a refresh of the metadata or is there a way to somehow force this on the database or part of the database?

I think photo gallery can have a lot of improvements. Is there somewhere we can do suggestions or have feedback on the developing backlog?
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

You can contact Asustor Support raise a ticket about this issue.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
orion

Post by orion »

Sending support ticket (https://support.asustor.com/) is the fastest way. And posting a feature request here (viewforum.php?f=23) is also recommended at the same time.

Return to “Photo Gallery”