Features to Photo Gallery?

Photo Gallery is a dedicated web photo album that makes photo management easy. The interface is clean and concise with albums appearing in the album list consisting of a cover photo and 4 smaller thumbnail photos.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Chrisxie85
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Features to Photo Gallery?

Post by Chrisxie85 »

Hi! Would like to suggest a few things that maybe you guys can implement to the current Photo Gallery.

"ESC to exit photo":
When I click to view a photo, I am unable to exit the image unless I press the "X" on the top right. However, when I view the image in the "expanded" view the "X" is gone and I seem to be "stuck" in the image. Would be great if can use the 'ESC' key to exit the photo lightbox.

"Setting to hide metadata/description"

"Cover Photo" for Folder:
Would be great to be able to customise the look of the folder.

Setting to show 1000 per page by default or "infinite scrolling" like previous version.

That's all I currently can think of~ Maybe would be nice if more people can provide suggestions as well~ :)

Cheers~!
SteelZ691

Re: Features to Photo Gallery?

Post by SteelZ691 »

I have been wanting to use PhotoGallery but the main thing that is keeping me for using it is being able to point it to home\Pictures folder and have it build a photo collection from what is already in that folder. I do not want to have to copy all my photos to the Photogallery folder, i use the home folder for my "Documents" repository like the "my documents" folder in windows. I don't see a point in making a second copy when PhotoGallery can see the Pictures folder and it will "copy" the items out of the parent folder. This is a huge waste of space especially when you have TB's of photos. Please add the ability to use existing folder structure and look at a folder and it's child folders to build a photoGallery, BUT not copy it. Thanks
argh0815

Post by argh0815 »

You can use your existing folder structure by changing the value of $config['share_folder'] in the file /usr/local/AppCentral/photo-gallery/application/config/photo_gallery.php accordingly, e.g. to 'Public/Pictures'. After applying the change you need to restart PhotoGallery.
SteelZ691

Post by SteelZ691 »

argh0815 wrote:You can use your existing folder structure by changing the value of $config['share_folder'] in the file /usr/local/AppCentral/photo-gallery/application/config/photo_gallery.php accordingly, e.g. to 'Public/Pictures'. After applying the change you need to restart PhotoGallery.

argh0815, thank you for the insight.. it worked for me.. it would be nice to have that as part of the GUI though.. just a thought.. thanks again for your info!!
argh0815

Post by argh0815 »

SteelZ691 wrote:argh0815, thank you for the insight.. it worked for me.. it would be nice to have that as part of the GUI though.. just a thought.. thanks again for your info!!
Agreed, don't understand why they haven't added it to the GUI, would be a rather simple change.

BTW you need to re-apply the change to the config file after every app upgrade (not that the app is getting a lot of upgrades ;-) )
SteelZ691

Post by SteelZ691 »

Good day, Well apparently with the ADM 3.0 update Photo Gallery no longer is looking in the location above i went to change it like the previous change talked about, however now it's not working with the new version of Photo Gallery.. Thanks for any insight!!
argh0815

Post by argh0815 »

The format of the file has changed with the latest app update. But changing the section "$config['share_folder'] =" in photo_gallery.php still works for me. Have you stopped and restarted the app?
SteelZ691

Post by SteelZ691 »

Thank you.. I'll give it a shot and see what happens
SteelZ691

Post by SteelZ691 »

Sadly no luck.. pointing $config... in photo_gallery.php didn't work for me.. i even went as far as to reboot the nas and still no luck.. I still think they should build it into the GUI lol

Return to “Photo Gallery”