It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:01 pm
All times are UTC + 8 hours

No audio in Youtube app

Enjoy high definition brilliance with your NAS and ASUSTOR Portal

No audio in Youtube app

Postby dkobelak » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:52 am

So I get no audio when running the youtube app.. My asustor is connected through hdmi and i have sound if i start kodi or other apps through the portal. I can not find any options to change the audio output through the app or through the portal.. anyone experienced this before or has a solution?
AS-5104T running stock memory;RAID 5 - 4x3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300;BIOS: v1.21 - ADM: v3.2.7RRE3
AS-6204T running stock memory;RAID 5 - 3x8TB Seagate Ironwolf ST8000VN0022;BIOS: v2.23 - ADM: v3.2.7RRE3
dkobelak
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:21 am

Re: No audio in Youtube app

Postby Spartanineo » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:22 pm

hello, did you try to restart the nas?
Spartanineo
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:32 am

Re: No audio in Youtube app

Postby dkobelak » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:27 am

well i dunno what to say.. i restarted nas multiple times and it did not work... today i checked it out one more time and all audio working ok... strange.. i did notice that upon bootup to asustor portal after nas is restarted i get the volume icon showing the volume is at min.. but soehow the audio works now.. anyways.. one more question regarding the youtube app.. does anyone know how to exit the youtube app lol.. i do not see a way to get back into asustor portal..
AS-5104T running stock memory;RAID 5 - 4x3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300;BIOS: v1.21 - ADM: v3.2.7RRE3
AS-6204T running stock memory;RAID 5 - 3x8TB Seagate Ironwolf ST8000VN0022;BIOS: v2.23 - ADM: v3.2.7RRE3
dkobelak
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:21 am

Re: No audio in Youtube app

Postby orion » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:16 am

dkobelak wrote:well i dunno what to say.. i restarted nas multiple times and it did not work... today i checked it out one more time and all audio working ok... strange.. i did notice that upon bootup to asustor portal after nas is restarted i get the volume icon showing the volume is at min.. but soehow the audio works now.. anyways.. one more question regarding the youtube app.. does anyone know how to exit the youtube app lol.. i do not see a way to get back into asustor portal..

There are many ways. The simplest way should be AiRemote on your phone. Press exit.
User avatar
orion
 
Posts: 2261
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 11:09 am

Re: No audio in Youtube app

Postby dkobelak » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:39 am

orion wrote:
dkobelak wrote:well i dunno what to say.. i restarted nas multiple times and it did not work... today i checked it out one more time and all audio working ok... strange.. i did notice that upon bootup to asustor portal after nas is restarted i get the volume icon showing the volume is at min.. but soehow the audio works now.. anyways.. one more question regarding the youtube app.. does anyone know how to exit the youtube app lol.. i do not see a way to get back into asustor portal..

There are many ways. The simplest way should be AiRemote on your phone. Press exit.


Thank you.. I knew there was a way through airemote or even though asustor portal on the computer.. however I was just curious if there was a way of exiting back from within the youtube app.. kodi for example has an exit button in app to take you back to the portal..
AS-5104T running stock memory;RAID 5 - 4x3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300;BIOS: v1.21 - ADM: v3.2.7RRE3
AS-6204T running stock memory;RAID 5 - 3x8TB Seagate Ironwolf ST8000VN0022;BIOS: v2.23 - ADM: v3.2.7RRE3
dkobelak
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:21 am

Re: No audio in Youtube app

Postby orion » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:59 pm

dkobelak wrote:Thank you.. I knew there was a way through airemote or even though asustor portal on the computer.. however I was just curious if there was a way of exiting back from within the youtube app.. kodi for example has an exit button in app to take you back to the portal..

If the thing in my very limited memory is correct, youtube app can pop a menu when user clicks right mouse button. There should be an exit function.
User avatar
orion
 
Posts: 2261
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 11:09 am

Re: No audio in Youtube app

Postby foggy69 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:19 pm

The only way I have found to be able to change the volume level in the YouTube app is via the ADM.
You need the AIRemote app running on your phone in the mouse mode and the Asustor Portal screen on your TV.
Using the ADM, go via the Asustor Portal icon and then change the screen resolution for the Asustor Portal. When the TV screen comes back on, make sure the AIRemote mouse icon is at the top of the screen, as when the volume icon bar appears, it then stays on the screen, and you can then adjust the volume to your requied level.
foggy69
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:46 pm

Return to ASUSTOR Portal

  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot post attachments in this forum
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron