IR Commands

Enjoy high definition brilliance with your NAS and ASUSTOR Portal

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

isewise
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

IR Commands

Post by isewise »

I'm really hoping someone can help me out with this issue. I've searched this forum, Plex, OpenPHT and Logitech Harmony for an answer and still have been without luck.

I have a AS7004T connected to my Yamaha receiver, then of course connected to my TV. I control everything with my Logitech Harmony Elite with the Harmony hub.
Everything was working fine when I initially received my Harmony remote and set it up. I believe an ASUSTOR Portal update after I set it up messed up the controls for my NAS for some reason. Now it seems that my remote control, or more accurately, which controller I'm using doesn't seem to work.

I can control the "Main" screen of ASUSTOR Portal with all the "controllers" as expected; AiRemote, the official physical Asustor 10 key remote, and my Logitech Harmony Remote. No issues here. Also no issues in the Official Youtube app or the other default Portal apps with whatever "controller" I'm using.

My problem occurs when I open OpenPHT or PlexMediaPlayer.

OpenPHT: My Harmony remote, AiRemote, or even the official Asustor physical IR remote do absolutely nothing. Nothing from the D-pad, select, back, exit, power, home. Nothing works. Like the remote isn't sending any commands at all or the NAS is just outright ignoring them. AiRemote, which I understand is issuing IP commands, only partially works. The "touchpad" interface works, but not the "D-pad".

PlexMediaPlayer: Physical Asustor works for only 2 buttons: The "back" button and the "Home" button. Harmony remote does the same, since it's basically just copying the Asustor remote. AiRemote works completely, which is puzzling.

I've PM'ed the maintainer of these Asustor apps to have him check on why I am having this issue. He told me there is nothing he can do about it, that the functionality of how it is controlled is not open to him.

I reached out to Asustor support, but they just advised I try uninstall and reinstalling the apps, which hasn't worked.

The only "controller" thats does work across everything is DroidRemote which is a smart phone app that I would prefer not to use.

This has been so extremely frustrating. I buy a remote to tie together my entire entertainment setup to have a major part of it crippled.

Does anyone have any insight on why this is happening? A way to rollback the Asustor Portal to test if that works?

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks in advance
isewise

Re: IR Commands

Post by isewise »

Any ideas or suggestions?
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Not from me, at least. I use a wireless keyboard to run PMP from my NAS to the TV. It gives me mouse through the tiny touchpad, and also a full blown keyboard.

And I still have to use a remote for the TV... :/
isewise

Post by isewise »

I've thought about getting a logitech keyboard. I think Logitech has a Harmony keyboard that will hopefully integrate well.

I think I'm most upset that it used to work just fine and for whatever reason it now doesn't.

Return to “ASUSTOR Portal”