APP Installations

Enjoy high definition brilliance with your NAS and ASUSTOR Portal

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

aka
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

APP Installations

Post by aka »

The way the Apps are installed on NAS simply sucks! There is no customization for most Apps during the installation. No way to setup paths, usernames, paswords, etc. Yes - some Apps allow to minimally configure it but most don't. There is also no information about default settings and help does not exist. How we supposed to use this product. For the most part It can be used for backups and as a file server but the App server part is just terrible.

Dear ASUS please do something about it. I have this product for a year now and the features it offers do not worth the money.

For example I installed WebCollab and nobody even knows what the default password is. Nobody knows where the database is. I installed phpAdmin and nobody knows how to access this database remotely. Help (sometimes comes from other users) but the ASUS support on this forum is non existent.
Would I recommend this product to a friend ? At this stage definitely not, because he can get a simple file server for much less money without all the Asus Apps which in most cases do not work or are not documented and supported.

I'm only hoping that somebody from the company will read this post one day and react.
MikeG.6.5

Re: APP Installations

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Create a ticket at http://support.asustor.com and get some visibility for the app there. Keep in mind they are on Thailand time, so they aren't likely to be available when you are.

I don't run the app, so can't help you out more than that.
orion

Post by orion »

I did not use WebCollab either. However I tried to following the installation guide (found it from google search) to install it. The process is just fine. viewtopic.php?f=146&t=8606&p=27159#p27159
By the way, I think it's a good idea to integrate this installation process into asustor's package. That would be much easier for other users.
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

orion wrote:I did not use WebCollab either. However I tried to following the installation guide (found it from google search) to install it. The process is just fine. viewtopic.php?f=146&t=8606&p=27159#p27159
By the way, I think it's a good idea to integrate this installation process into asustor's package. That would be much easier for other users.
This would mean we need someone with the skills to step up to maintain the app. We all know Asustor has a bad track record keeping apps up to date...

Return to “ASUSTOR Portal”