Youtube TV - no audio

Enjoy high definition brilliance with your NAS and ASUSTOR Portal

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

alan_cam
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Youtube TV - no audio

Post by alan_cam »

Brand spanking new AS6104T, so I could use a few pointers.

1. No audio.
I'm using the S/PDIF connector to hook up to my amp. The high res audio player works, as does Kodi.
BUT - I found an option in Kodi to specify sound out via S/PDIF.
The ASUSTOR Portal config has plenty of screen resolution adjustments, but where do I specify the audio output?

2. Youtube TV lockup.
Once I start up the Youtube app, I can't find the key combination to shut it down again.
For now, I have to start up AIRemote on my Android phone, so I have access to the "back" button.
How do I shutdown the Youtube app from my keyboard?

I'd appreciate some help with this.
alan_cam

Re: Youtube TV - no audio

Post by alan_cam »

I found a work-around, but not a solution.

My original setup was: Panasonic projector [HDMI input] with S/PDIF audio sent to Sony amp.
New setup: TV screen with HDMI input.

Sound goes to TV over HDMI, as I expected was the problem.

I'll invest in a HDMI "splitter" eventually, so I can choose between TV screen and projector [for movie nights].
orion

Post by orion »

alan_cam wrote:I found a work-around, but not a solution.

My original setup was: Panasonic projector [HDMI input] with S/PDIF audio sent to Sony amp.
New setup: TV screen with HDMI input.

Sound goes to TV over HDMI, as I expected was the problem.

I'll invest in a HDMI "splitter" eventually, so I can choose between TV screen and projector [for movie nights].
Does your Panasonic projector own HDMI output interface? If it exists, you can do: NAS HDMI output -> Panasonic projector HDMI input + Panasonic projector HDMI output -> TV HDMI input.
metrichye

Post by metrichye »

Hi!

I think I have similar problem with my Asustor AS-6202T NAS.
One of the main reasons I purchased this NAS because of it's S/PDIF capability as at some cases I also want to use it for some web browsing and youtube watching with SOUND as well.
- I have a rather old Yamaha amplifier with S/PDIF and coaxial digital input, but no HDMI input. I really like this amplifier which I don't want to "throw out" as it works flawlessly.
- I have an Acer computer monitor with HDMI but without speaker.

- S/PDFIF works fine under KODI as there's a possibility to set it up, but under ADM there's no sound at all, nor with Youtube App (which uses a web browser), I think it tries to output the sound only by using the HDMI and I just can't find any option regarding this in the ADM settings tab.
(Note to the previous commenter: From the Youtube app I also haven't found a back/exit button, but the usual ALT+F4 key combination works)

Please help me how/where to set up S/PDIF as default sound output?

Thanks for your help,

Regards
metrichye

Return to “ASUSTOR Portal”