Chrome keyboard extension does not work in ASUSTOR Portal

Enjoy high definition brilliance with your NAS and ASUSTOR Portal

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

AS6404T user
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Chrome keyboard extension does not work in ASUSTOR Portal

Post by AS6404T user »

I am using Chrome in ASUSTOR Portal 2.2.4.r1213 on an AS6404T running ADM 3.4.4.RAT2 connected to a TV by HDMI 2.0. My problem is that the Chrome keyboard extension does not seem to work in ASUSTOR Portal:

1. When I use the Bookmark dialog and try to change the name of the bookmark to be saved, pressing a key on the on-screen keyboard (any key) has the effect of clicking the "Done" button in the dialog, thus saving the bookmark without changing the name.

2. When I use the Edit Bookmark dialog to create and name a new folder for the bookmark to be saved, pressing a key on the on-screen keyboard (any key) causes the dialog to "bump" as if I am doing something wrong. However, unlike the first case, the dialog does not save and close.

I can use the keyboard in the AiRemote app to enter text into these dialogs, but it is hard to use AiRemote to move the cursor due to a 10 seconds delay, so I have to use both AiRemote (to type text) and the IR control (to move the cursor). See this post:

viewtopic.php?f=85&t=10662

Is there some way to get the Chrome keyboard extension to work in ASUSTOR Portal?

Return to “ASUSTOR Portal”