Constantly losing HDMI Signal

Enjoy high definition brilliance with your NAS and ASUSTOR Portal

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

mokchira
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Constantly losing HDMI Signal

Post by mokchira »

So I have my AS5304T hooked up to my LG via HDMI and I can veiw the Portal APP on it after an NAS reboot. But if I turn off the TV or switch over to a different HDMI input and wait a long enough time - Id say maybe an hour or so - and switch back to the NAS's input on the TV, I get greeted with a No Signal message. I lose the HDMI signal.
So far, the easiest way I've found to get the signal back is to open up ADM and go to the portal app settings and change the resolution (I go back and forth between auto and the actual screen resolution.)
But this is really annoying. Not only just it add about 2 minutes to doing anything with my NAS and my TV, but opening ADM causes my hard drives to spin up and start doing random seeks thus creating a good 5-10 minutes of noise until they go back to hibernation.
I know its not an issue with my TV because I have a raspberry pi HDMI'd into it as well and that never loses signals even after being on for weeks.
Does anyone have a fix for this? I only want to get to Portal so that I can get to Kodi. Would be happy to bypass it all together if that was possible.
Nazar78

Re: Constantly losing HDMI Signal

Post by Nazar78 »

I have Linux Center default on boot and the HDMI signal (audio/video/resolution) is always resumed when the samsung tv gets switched on or source toggled after many hours (from tv/laptop). I'm no longer using the portal but I recall it stays connected as well. Does this happen as well when you leave other apps running on the screen? Also do you happen to let your NAS sleep? I suggest that you contact Asustor Support open a ticket with them.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
mokchira

Re: Constantly losing HDMI Signal

Post by mokchira »

Thanks for your comments. Yes it happens even if I leave an app open. I don't let it sleep but I do let it hibernate. I tried turning off hibernation but the signal still gets lost. I'll look into opening a ticket.

Return to “ASUSTOR Portal”