Amazon Prime Video official App and Chrome judders and stutters

Enjoy high definition brilliance with your NAS and ASUSTOR Portal

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

logu
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Amazon Prime Video official App and Chrome judders and stutters

Post by logu »

Hi,
I am new to the world of Asustor. While I already could finisch al lot of other settings successfuly I was not successfull in findung a solution to my problem with the official Amazon video App on the Internet. I hope I can get some help hier.

Playing Amazon Video with the official App or with the Chrome browser (both ASUSTOR Portal Apps) ist not fluid at all. Every few seconds the playback would judder and stutter. The CPU usage is about 75%, I think it is too high. There are always three Chrome processes when playing Amazon Video. One of the processes causes CPU usage of about 50%, the other two between 5% an 10% each. Only when reducing the resolution to better or good (gear wheel on video playback screen) does ist play whithout judder. The CPU usage is then about 55%, i consider it nevertheless too high.

What can I do to be able to play Amazon Video fluidly? Ist this high CPU usage normal? Does it cause the judder?

I use an AS6302T NAS with 8 GB RAM memory. I have 200Mbit cable internet. Please let me know If I can provide you with additional information.

Best regards
orion

Re: Amazon Prime Video official App and Chrome judders and stutters

Post by orion »

I guess Chrome or Amazon prime video player do not utilize graphics hardware acceleration engine. KODI and PHT should enable that engine. So both players can play smoothly.
The second possibility is network bandwidth being not good enough (or not stable). If you can play video smoothly on your PC, the judders on Chrome/Amazon player should be caused by missing acceleration engine. I think you can send a feature request to asustor to check it.
Data_Dan

Post by Data_Dan »

I edited the Amazon Prime USA app to point to the Canadian Prime Video site. I was able to login and browse ok but it would not allow playback unless the Chrome browser was updated. We don't have that option! I'm running the latest ADM but the browser is over 2 years old! Chrome needs an update!
Data_Dan

Post by Data_Dan »

Working now after the latest browser update.
juana8

Post by juana8 »

The playback judder and stutter every few seconds when I play video with the official app.

Return to “ASUSTOR Portal”