New HDD activity light strangeness

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

SPOinNS
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

New HDD activity light strangeness

Post by SPOinNS »

Recently I've noticed that the HD activity lights on my AS-204TE have changed their behavior. It may coincide with the last ADM update to 3.1.1RGG1. I only say that because that was the last modification to the NAS and it seems to have taken place since then.

Normal behavior is when the disks enter hibernation at the 30 minute mark the green HD activity lights go out. During hibernation the lights will ripple from 1-4 at a regular interval. I forget the precise polling interval because I haven't seen it for awhile.

That is the problem - for some reason those same activity lights stay on permanently now. It doesn't matter if the machine is hibernating the disks or not. This renders the lights much less useful because i depend on them for a quick at-a-glance status update. The NAS is at the other end of the room and a split second glance tells me all i need to know about it's current status.

I don't use the NAS for anything other than straight storage. I'm not running any supplemental software or running in Media Mode.

There are no new processes running. No user accounts that weren't created by me.

I've tried logging in and out, soft reboot and hard reboot. WOL is disabled. The only selected option under Power Control is disk hibernate = 30 minutes.

I turned on disk hibernation logging and see that the disks are entering and exiting hibernation as they should. It's just the lights behavior that has changed.

Does anyone have a suggestion or insight to offer? I'm not obsessive but this is bugging me. What was useful behavior is now useless and I don't like usefulness regressions.

Return to “[Official] For AS-20X Series”