as-202t ssh problem

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

lroyb
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

as-202t ssh problem

Post by lroyb »

hi

I'm a newbie here, and hoping someone will be able to help me.

I've was trying to enable authy 2-factor-auth on the ssh service. it was all setup and working when testing. after rebooting the service, and try logging in through ssh, after password entry, i just get kicked off, as the server closes the connection.

When using shell in a box app i get the following error message, before being disconnected.

env: can't execute 'bash': no such file or directory

i don't fancy having to factory reset my nas, and ideas for undoing the changes i made to the sshd_config would be grateful

lee
orion

Re: as-202t ssh problem

Post by orion »

You should push the reset button on the back of your NAS (push and hold for 10 seconds until you hear a beep sound). That should only reset your password (to default admin) and your network settings (of course, remove 2-step auth). It's different from factory reset.
lroyb

Post by lroyb »

thanks i'll give it a try and let you know
lroyb

Post by lroyb »

update:

tried the 10 second reset, but it still is the same. can anyone locate any built-in shell command that I can force an execute that will drop me to a shell
lroyb

Post by lroyb »

problem solved. I was able to mount the primary drive in my Linux system and modify the sshd config file, which undid the config mods that I did. phew

Return to “[Official] For AS-20X Series”