ADM 3.0.5.RDU1 ERROR

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

chazzz
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

ADM 3.0.5.RDU1 ERROR

Post by chazzz »

Any AS-202TE owner successfully updated to ADM 3.0.5.RDU1 out there? Or is this another booboo by Asustor?
Attachments
naserror.png
naserror.png (110.39 KiB) Viewed 7428 times
jacky93li

Re: ADM 3.0.5.RDU1 ERROR

Post by jacky93li »

I have the same issue
SPOinNS

Post by SPOinNS »

Same failure with the same reference code (Ref. 6210) at the same point during install.

The update equally fails at the 24% point when manually loaded instead of using the update route offered by the pop-up message. The manual process doesn't offer a reference code though, it just stops at 24% and won't move from there no matter how long you wait.

Despite having a file called "AS-2XX_3.0.5.RDU1.img" (143,441 KB) downloaded directly from Asustor, I get the following email notification when I try to apply the update:

Event Level: INFO
Date: 01/31/2018 AM 05:43
User: SYSTEM
Event: [ADM Update] Firmware update failed. (The firmware file for updating does not support the model of your NAS.)

I wonder if this is a 32 vs. 64 bit problem but the specific file aimed at the 2XX series for this update seems to say otherwise.

Could it be that Asustor didn't test an OS update before pushing it out? Again?
Antonios

Post by Antonios »

You guys must be feeling very lucky to be doing this ADM update survival exercise to your NAS every so often.

Or maybe gamble in the hope that the developers will get themselves lucky someday and get it right for once?

(Just joking... )
orion

Post by orion »

I got the same error. Just sent a support request to asustor. I'll recommend you can send a support ticket too. This way can push the solution out faster.
SPOinNS

Post by SPOinNS »

The gambling analogy is a fair comparison. If the NAS was holding years worth of mission critical business data I'd adopt a much more cautious approach but it is really 95% dedicated to my media collection.

I'm coming up on a decision about upgrading/expanding my NAS setup and this kind of untested messing around with the OS is quickly putting Asustor in last place. I'll probably build my own next time or consider a bigger, more powerful unit from one of the competitors.
orion

Post by orion »

They fixed it. I can upgrade successfully now.
SPOinNS

Post by SPOinNS »

Thanks for the heads up Orion. I can confirm that the update has been fixed and installed properly for me.

I'm glad that they were prompt in fixing the problem but Asustor should stop shooting themselves in the foot as soon as possible. They're displaying Intel levels of sloppiness.

Return to “[Official] For AS-20X Series”