What Linux version is running on A202TE

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

NASingtom
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

What Linux version is running on A202TE

Post by NASingtom »

Hi
Does anyone know whet version of Linux is running on my A202TE NAS?

I'm trying to see if I can do a couple of minor mods at an OS level but was wondering what OS was running. I'm looking to:

1. Install a missing dependency to support a Logitech Media Center plugin (for Spotify). LMS have pulled the plug on the previous plugin but someone has created an alternative which needs an additional package installing. Apt-get isn't installed so I can't install anything at the moment
2. I'm running a VPN gateway on a RasPI (runs well) but I would like to run it via my NAS instead.

If anyone knows the OS version on my NAS that would be great.

Many thanks in advance.
father.mande

Re: What Linux version is running on A202TE

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

As lot of NAS, Asustor don't use a "standard" distribution with package management (as apt-get for Debian like distribution or any ipk, opk, rpm, yum, etc.)

It's a specific build name ADM done by Asustor team ...

You can get the kernel GPL part source and kernel config file for each ADM version in sourceforge.net and toolchain to cross-compile
... so on this base you can compile yourself any extra module

Another solution, if you are not confident with kernel Generation or cross-compile, you can generate a Debian or Ubuntu chroot ... share kernel, modules and network BUT permit ALL libraries / applications from the distribution and the use of the package management (inside the chroot) ... apt-get for Ubuntu and Debian
... so you can use a very very large number of application delivered with distribution independently of ADM

But as usual, each need to understand the prerequisite to be sure to have what is needed (always kernel, modules and some network parameter (but alterable) )

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
NASingtom

Re: What Linux version is running on A202TE

Post by NASingtom »

Hi
Many thanks for the quick response. I think that generating my own kernel or creating my own chroot are unfortunately a step too far at this point in time (never done it before and to be honest, the time it would take me to learn I might as well leave as is :)

I think I may have to wait until someone works out a way to put the new "Linux Center" capability onto my model NAS, and then just run a Gui-less version of a Linux Distro

Thanks once again.

Return to “[Official] For AS-20X Series”