After updated toADM 3.0, external HDD name changed.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

jacky93li
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

After updated toADM 3.0, external HDD name changed.

Post by jacky93li »

My 202TE attached 2 usb external HDDs named USB1 and USB2, but after updated to ADM 3.0, it auto changed the external HDD name. USB1 become USB2, USB2 become USB3. No more USB1.

I need to reset all my shared folder directory and Download Center Directory to suit the new name of the external HDD.

Do I have any way to change the name back? I try to reboot the system but it still recognized the first usb HDD as USB2 and second usb HDD as USB3
orion

Re: After updated toADM 3.0, external HDD name changed.

Post by orion »

It seems that we cannot get fixed USB shared name (even on the same USB port) in the previous ADM versions. I'm not sure if asustor provides this feature in ADM 3. If it is, that's a good news. I think you can send a support request to asustor to check it.
greig2000uk

Post by greig2000uk »

You wont be able to change the names back, I have this problem on my AS5002T since ADM 3, USB1 and USB2 are now USB41 and USB5, at least yours got broken by Asustor in a better order.
If your using NFS shares on your external drives you will notice that they are broken also.

Oh, and as usual, either NO reply or very vague replies from support, nothing helpful
greig2000uk

Post by greig2000uk »

and the support response!
Hi Iain,

Thanks for contacting.
For the issue mentioned, please note the USB drive name is assigned by NAS's USB port it connected to and not able to be modified.

Please don't be hesitate to contact if you got further question.
This is just wrong, its not hard to do and they just refused to change it back to be the same as in previous ADM, thanks Asustor, getting closer to migrating to synology every day now
greig2000uk

Post by greig2000uk »

New ADM update available but still no option to name external USB devices

Return to “[Official] For AS-20X Series”