Raid Level

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

andymed
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Raid Level

Post by andymed »

Hi i have an AS-204te with 2 x 3tb WD reds. It was setup as Raid 1 and had 3tb total capacity. Over the weekend i added a 3rd 3tb Red and migrated the Raid level from 1 to 5. I was expecting the total size of the volume to increase to 6tb with the addition of the new drive but capacity is still showing as was (2.74 tb). I followed all instructions, where have i gone wrong.

Effectively now i have 3 x 3tb wd reds but only have 2.74tb usable storage.
andymed

SPOinNS

Re: Raid Level

Post by SPOinNS »

I don't have a solution to your problem but the exact same thing happened to me. Circunstances were the same, only I was using 4tb WD Reds.

It took some pretty involved tech support from Asustor to get it sorted.

You can read the thread about my troubles and their solution here:
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=7607

It might help you decide on a path of action.

Good luck.
SPOinNS

Post by SPOinNS »

I should add that the synchronization process going from RAID 1 to RAID 5 on my AS-204TE took upward of 25 hrs. If you are new to NAS and RAID it can be unnerving to watch the disks thrash that long. It's entirely normal I'm told.

The AS204-TE is the old VW Beetle of the NAS world. Cheap, dirt simple and 0-60 measured in minutes. I'm not complaining because it has opened up a whole world of possibilities regarding data storage and my performance needs don't exceed the bandwidth available in my Cat 6 lan.
andymed

Post by andymed »

Hi thanks for your reply. Yes it took about 24 hours for mine to migrate too.

So i should raise a ticket?
SPOinNS

Post by SPOinNS »

Yes, I'd raise a ticket immediately.

I would judge the required linux skill level to fix this as expert. No way I could have done it without help.

Taipei is back at work on Feb 1st. They'll probably have a service backlog to clear so the sooner you make your request the better.

Good luck.

Return to “[Official] For AS-20X Series”