cannot update and hangs

bowen73
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

cannot update and hangs

Post by bowen73 »

Hi.

Ive picked up a 2nd hand AS-202T

Ive kinda of got it setup but getting a few issues.

cannot access it from file explorer, even the public folder.
when i try and update the ADM as it says its out of date (2.2.2.RBB1), it goes to downloading and just stays at 0%, i tried to do the manual update and it says the firmware is incompatible or format is icorrect.
I try join a domain, and it gets to where it says everything will be disconnected etc and i click ok and nothing happens, i click cancel and nothing happens and have to refresh the screen and its still not joined.

there are a few other things too but not really getting anywhere. Can someone point me in the right direction?

cheers
bowen73

Re: cannot update and hangs

Post by bowen73 »

when i try to download apps it says it cant connect to app store too, which is very odd. i have to manually install apps
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

Try accessing using its IP i.e. \\192.168.1.1\Home. The firmware is really old, latest as of now is ADM 3.5.9.RWM1, could be the reason why it can't connect to the app store. There's probably incremental firmware updates that you need to go through, I'm not sure as I don't have your model.

Suggest you contact Asustor Support on how to upgrade this NAS to its latest as it's already end-of-life.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
bowen73

Post by bowen73 »

Nazar78 wrote:Try accessing using its IP i.e. \\192.168.1.1\Home. The firmware is really old, latest as of now is ADM 3.5.9.RWM1, could be the reason why it can't connect to the app store. There's probably incremental firmware updates that you need to go through, I'm not sure as I don't have your model.

Suggest you contact Asustor Support on how to upgrade this NAS to its latest as it's already end-of-life.
I've tried the IP and just says network error cant connect :-(

I've dropped them an email to see if they can help. i cant create an ID from the device either :-s the help files say to try using the mobile app, but that tells me its out of date and wont update either :-s
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

Update us of the outcome. If it's still not solved, perhaps I can help to take a look during my free time. Note that I don't have your model so it'll take some effort especially on you to check and do certain things as instructed that I can't do remotely like booting into recovery.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response

Return to “[Official] For AS-20X Series”