AS-202te power outage

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

dredd85
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS-202te power outage

Post by dredd85 »

I recently noticed my Asustor As-202TE doesn't boot up after an power outage. In newer model there's an option in "Hardware" section "In the event of power outage, enable NAS to return to its previous state once power has been restored". Are there plans for adding that option in the future for older models? Or is there a way to make my model to start automatically after an power outage?
orion

Re: AS-202te power outage

Post by orion »

Mine (AS-304T) is the same. I believe it's a hardware limitation. An alternative way is to enable WOL. You can wake NAS up remotely when NAS is off.
dredd85

Post by dredd85 »

Thank you for the reply. I gave it a try and it works good when devices are in the same network both from PC or Android. But it doesn't work remotely over the internet. I've set up "Power Scheduling" to "Power On" on certain hours. It''s an alternative but it's limited and I can set up only 10 different schedules.
orion

Post by orion »

Certain models of AP gateway / router support sending WOL packet remotely. You can check if your gateway / router functions.
Muzzerboy

Post by Muzzerboy »

Hmmmph, that seems pretty crap. Every time we have a power cut (caused by lightning usually) I have to go into the office and press the power button and wait several minutes. The WOL doesn't work although it's always been enabled. The Qnap used to auto restart IIRC and I thought the Asus did - surely they didn't remove that during an update.

Auto restart at power up seems a fairly obvious requirement for a NAS but perhaps I'm missing something. Perhaps next time I should go for Synology?
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

Most old model even PCs doesn't support this due to hardware limitations. Take a look in the bios if this function exist "Restore on AC/Power Loss". Even older models WOL can't be initiated from a full power cut, it needs to be in sleep mode.

Not sure how Qnap does the auto restart when the power is already out, probably those models are the newer ones and supports this function.

To mitigate this short power outage you might want to use UPS especially for a NAS to prevent damage to the hdds during a power cut.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response

Return to “[Official] For AS-20X Series”