Version for AS1002T?

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Falken
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Version for AS1002T?

Post by Falken »

Hi!

I got a AS7004T where uTorrent is working great, but this is tied to a domain which limits the use of a VPN.
So, I got a AS1002T to sort this out, but, I got surprised by the fact that there is no ARM version out of uTorrent.

Any hope..?
clinton.hall

Re: Version for AS1002T?

Post by clinton.hall »

the uTorrent binaries are compiled by uTorrent themselves as this is not an opensource project, and have not been updated since 2015.

There are discussions around arm builds on uTorrent forums, and the offical word seems to be that they will not compile for arm.

That leaves only the following options:
  • 1. Install uTorrent within a Virtual Machine (Virtual Box)
    2. See if uTorrent can be installed within Docker
    3. See if there is an i386 or x86_64 chroot environment to run uTorrent in (I haven't seen one previously)
    4. Use uTorrent on another system
    5. Use another download client
of these, options 1 and 4 can be done by user without too much hassle, but this is not going to be seamless integration without mounting network shares etc.
I don't know which other Torrent downloaders are available on ADM at the moment or if these meet all of your requirements.
I myself haven't played with docker, so don't know how practical this is, or if it is possible at all.

In short. From my point of view there is no hope of getting uTorrent onto arm NAS devices anytime soon.
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index

Return to “uTorrent”