Can't uninstall Plex Media Server

Plex Media Center bridges the gap between your NAS and your home theater, doing so with a visually appealing user interface that provides instant access to your media.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

vitosx
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Can't uninstall Plex Media Server

Post by vitosx »

My weird problem for today is - I can't remove Plex Media Server, which I no longer use.

When I click remove (trashcan) icon in App Central, a confirmation dialog pops up, but neither OK nor Cancel buttons are responding. The dialog just stays there and I can continue clicking the buttons until I get bored. Closing App Central window closes the dialog too. Restarting the NAS did not help.

How can I manually remove Plex Media Server? I tried removing /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/plexmediaserver directory and rebooting, but the app is still visible in App Central.
father.mande

Re: Can't uninstall Plex Media Server

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Removing folder and after clearing from AppCentral ... just hide the problem ... BUT not solve it ...
So you win a false situation ... with plenty of future risk

Best is to call the support to get help in your specific problem
F.Y.I. AppCentral list don't depends only of AppCentral sub-folder but depends of json files where all is defined installed.json, etc. some other for privilege , outside, config, incompatibility, etc.

You must clear all definition attached to Plex Server in this files ... so after a pseudo clean situation appear ... but the problem is not solved ...

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
vitosx

Post by vitosx »

Yes, I expected just removing the folder from AppCentral would be bad, so I restored it back as it was. I also noticed the folder had some weird user owner (UID 1008), not present on my NAS.

But I solved it by using different browser, Firefox instead of Chrome, and the uninstall confirmation dialog works. Most probably one of browser extensions I use breaks something (weird, because I tried disabling them temporarily and it didn't help).
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
vitosx wrote:Yes, I expected just removing the folder from AppCentral would be bad, so I restored it back as it was. I also noticed the folder had some weird user owner (UID 1008), not present on my NAS.
But I solved it by using different browser, Firefox instead of Chrome, and the uninstall confirmation dialog works. Most probably one of browser extensions I use breaks something (weird, because I tried disabling them temporarily and it didn't help).
Good ... if this appear again with Chrome, don't forgot after update or when problem occurs to clear the cache and restart the browser ... and be sure to have an updated version of Chrome browser (I use only Chrome without problem)

For Asustor, perhaps on modal dialog box ... it can be a good idea to refuse caching for the new windows to avoid problem with image of the dialog box BUT not the correspondent action attached.
... so don't hesitate to send the information to support to help for the future.

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T

Return to “Plex”