Plex not starting at all

Plex Media Center bridges the gap between your NAS and your home theater, doing so with a visually appealing user interface that provides instant access to your media.
Drapan
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: Plex not starting at all

Post by Drapan »

Well, this sucks.

Thanks for your kind help anyways. I've submitted a ticket.
dngraphisme

Post by dngraphisme »

Hi guys,

Yes actually we could talk and make manipulations with Mike yesterday ... really was nothing managed to do.

ADM react in the same way as you, if I restarts my NAS, for a split second Plex appears in the Activity Monitor then disappears ...
I already had disconnection issues when ADM was in version 2.5, but I managed anyway to start Plex and watch movies or series ...

Now I can not do anything. Crap :? :roll:

I had a Dropbox link when I sent a mail to support first is this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zb30ja5huk61a ... m.apk?dl=0

Try to download this version of PMS and install it manually in Central App. Do not hesitate to come back here if you found a solution.

My topic of discussion with Mike in forums of Plex: http://forums.plex.tv/discussion/commen ... nt_1171738

I sent a ticket to the support as I wait a second response :roll: ....

See you
dngraphisme

Post by dngraphisme »

Hi Drapan, here's assistance response:

Thanks for your reply.
We find plex cannot work on ADM2.6 of AS1 series, we have reported this issue to plex for asking solution.
If I have received any news, will get back to you.
You can download ADM2.5 from below link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gt8gd12dy2ddi ... 2.img?dl=0
Please backup your data before you downgrade the firmware.

See you, and tell me more if you have any questions !
Drapan

Post by Drapan »

Thanks for the info! I'll try the downgrade and see if it works! I think I remember reading somewhere though that it wasn't possible to downgrade after 2.6 because they've changed too much. Perhaps it only meant if you wanted to keep your data.
Drapan

Post by Drapan »

Wooho! The downgrade works! I see Plex!

What features am I missing out on not using 2.6?
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Not many, IMO... The updates included things like PushBullet, which doesn't work for me. It set a lower temp for alarms, which means I always get a high temp alarm converting media. Some people can't install apps from zips anymore.

Other than that, there are a few fixes for the OS, and a better version of some core components. ZI guess you have to decide what is more important. The better core components and no Plex, or Plex and things working as they did before...

I know which route I would go... (Plex)

Return to “Plex”