Adding a Full Blu Ray Disc rip to Plex

Plex Media Center bridges the gap between your NAS and your home theater, doing so with a visually appealing user interface that provides instant access to your media.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

andy8
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Adding a Full Blu Ray Disc rip to Plex

Post by andy8 »

Hi,

Usually I only have to copy one media file into my NAS folder (which points to Plex app).

But now, I have a few folders for just one movie (it is a full Blu ray movie rip) and it looks like this (second image is the files within BDMV folder).
How could I add these successfully inside a Plex movie folder/ application ?
Attachments
1.JPG
1.JPG (34.45 KiB) Viewed 1677 times
2.JPG
2.JPG (56.23 KiB) Viewed 1677 times
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - [16TB]
BigErn

Re: Adding a Full Blu Ray Disc rip to Plex

Post by BigErn »

Plex is not good with full Bluray or DVD rips. It can't handle the menu structure and all the added things on a disc. It can play the main .m2ts movie file I believe but they don't officially support it and Plex doesn't recognize any of the other information from the Bluray. For these kind of questions I found that the Plex forums are usually much better with people more knowledgeable about the inner workings of Plex. People on here are more experts on the NAS.
andy8

Post by andy8 »

Thanks @BigErn, I will try posting the same on Plex forum and see if I could get something useful. Many thanks !
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - [16TB]
BigErn

Post by BigErn »

No problem. The best solution for complete Bluray compatibility in Plex is to use MakeMKV to turn the complete rip into a single MKV file.

Return to “Plex”