Handbrake settings for Plex through HDMI

Plex Media Center bridges the gap between your NAS and your home theater, doing so with a visually appealing user interface that provides instant access to your media.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

handbrake_plex
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Handbrake settings for Plex through HDMI

Post by handbrake_plex »

Hello,

I recently bought an AS6602T (Lockerstor 2) where I have put 2 x 4TB WD RED NAS disks in it in Raid 0. I installed Plex on it because I want to watch my movies/series through the HDMI port on my old TV.

Now I have been converting my DVD-collection with handbrake 1.3.3, but I am struggling with the settings, I can't seem to find ideal settings. What I kinda use is:

- MP4
- align video and audio
- web optimized (have used not web optimized also)
- subtitles burned in (have used no burn in also)
- AAC stereo 160kbps
- H.264
- RF 19 (have used 20-22 also)
- Framerate same as source
- variable framerate
- Preset slow (have used fast also)
- Tune film (have used none also)
- profile high (have used mainalso)
- level 4.0 (have used 5.2 also)

I have started with some Paw Patrol DVD's and Marvel Cinematic Universe movies. They are region 2, Europe. But none of them are played perfect. I often see glitches, like once every 5 or 10min, sometimes more frequent. The issue I have is that the glitches I experience look like abnormal frame jumps... I don't know how to explain it really, like when a person suddenly moves his head, there seems to be some frames missing in the move to make the move smooth. Sometimes when the camera changes, there is very short some disturbance.

Maybe some detail how I play the movies: I use a full HD TV connected to the HDMI port of the NAS, and I use asustor portal where I have a custom link that opens the plex web interface. Since asustor portal uses chrome, the plex web interface is opened in chrome. When a movie is played, Plex says to me that the local streaming is without transcoding, which sounds logic because chrome is probably doing some hardware transcoding.

Is there anyone that is using the same setup (Plex through HDMI) that uses handbrake to convert their DVD's? Which settings do you use? Any advice?

Thank you very much!

Return to “Plex”