Fix Hardware Transcoding Playback issues on AS5304T/AS5202T (Nimbustor 4/Nimbustor 2)

Plex Media Center bridges the gap between your NAS and your home theater, doing so with a visually appealing user interface that provides instant access to your media.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

BigErn
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Fix Hardware Transcoding Playback issues on AS5304T/AS5202T (Nimbustor 4/Nimbustor 2)

Post by BigErn »

If you are having choppy, glitchy or stuttering playback using hardware transcoding on the AS5304T/AS5202T (Nimbustor 4/Nimbustor 2) models here is a fix. It may work for other models, I don't know if they are affected by this bug or not. A Plex update around Dec. 2019 caused incompatibility issues with the Intel HD driver.

SOLUTION:
SSH into your console, login as admin and then type:

Code: Select all

cd /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/plexmediaserver/lib/dri

Code: Select all

mv iHD_drv_video.so iHD_drv_video.bak
This will rename the Intel HD driver that is causing the problem. Plex can still use the hardware transcoding capability using VAAPI after you do this. Then you can enable the "Use hardware-accelerated video encoding" setting and it will work the way it is supposed to.

Note: You will have to repeat this process every time you upgrade the Plex version.

UPDATE (11/17/20): For me this appears to have been fixed as of version 1.20.5.3600-47c0d9038
MikeG.6.5

Re: Fix Hardware Transcoding Playback issues on AS5304T/AS5202T (Nimbustor 4/Nimbustor 2)

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

I use a script to do this.

Open up an SSH session with WinSCP and navigate to the scripts folders for scripts run at startup. You can find those here: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=1681

The line I added is this:

ln -s /dev/renderD128 /dev/dri

This makes a symlink at startup for the file needed for hardware transcoding automatically.

Return to “Plex”