Plex media server on AS3104T

Plex Media Center bridges the gap between your NAS and your home theater, doing so with a visually appealing user interface that provides instant access to your media.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

zul277
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Plex media server on AS3104T

Post by zul277 »

Hi

I am trying to install Plex media server on my AS3104T. I installed it through app central, and it shows on the ADM but not on the TV. I am not as IT savvy for this type of thing. How do I launch the Plex server on my NAS?
Mr.Crowley

Re: Plex media server on AS3104T

Post by Mr.Crowley »

Hi, if you want to use the NAS as a player, you have to install Asustor Portal then a Plex player app.

You can also use droidmote to control the GUI with your phone.
MikeG.6.5

Re: Plex media server on AS3104T

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Plex Media Server is a Client/Server application. When you install PMS on your NAS you are only installing the SERVER side of the equation. You still need a CLIENT side. Either your computer, a smart TV, Roku or tablet, or some other device.

Then you need to install the client app on the device. Finally, you need to link that device to your account used in setting up the Server.

From that point on, you should be able to see whatever media you have set up in your libraries. To do this, you also need to log into the Media Server itself, with a web browser of some sort. It's usually found at http://*YOUR_NAS_IP_HERE*:32400 That final part is the port Plex Media Server listens on, and should bring you to the main Plex Media Server page, allowing you to make libraries and share them out, etc. For more info on Plex, check out some of the links in my signature.

Return to “Plex”