Transcoding problems after updating the plex server version

Plex Media Center bridges the gap between your NAS and your home theater, doing so with a visually appealing user interface that provides instant access to your media.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

skywalker
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Transcoding problems after updating the plex server version

Post by skywalker »

Hi all. I recently acquired an asustor NAS (AS5304T). I installed plex server through central APP. It was working perfectly until today. I performed an update required by the owner plex. Server version 1-81-0-1944 to 1.18.1.1973. After this update the server does not transcode correctly, the image is pixelated continuously. I tried to reinstall the previous version, but the system does’nt allow it since it detects that plex is updated to the latest version. How can I reinstall the previous version?

Thanks
orion

Re: Transcoding problems after updating the plex server version

Post by orion »

If you downloaded the previous version before, you can install the package manually. I guess you did not save it before. You can send a support ticket to asustor to ask them send you the older version.
skywalker

Post by skywalker »

Thanks for answering. I've the previous version apk package, but when I try to install it manually from App Central I recive the message that a newer version is already installed. Do you have any idea about how to fix it?

Thx
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
skywalker wrote:Thanks for answering. I've the previous version apk package, but when I try to install it manually from App Central I recive the message that a newer version is already installed. Do you have any idea about how to fix it?
Thx
==== do all this at your own risk ... tested and used by me ... but with my limited but existing knowledge of Linux and Asustor A.D.M. =====
first try to install manually IN a terminal :
copy apk file to /share/Public
open a ssh terminal admin /your_password (if problem after retry with root / your_password)
cd /share/Public
apkg --install xxxx.apk
... generally this method bypass the version verification and do an update when APKG is already installed.

If failed (admin and root user)
connect you as root (NOT admin)
cd /volume0/usr/builtin/etc/appcentral
edit with your prefred editor the file : installed.json
... search for Plex then some lines after you can get version, like this : "version":"1.18.0.1944-f2cae8d6b",
... modify value to put a lower number version than the "old" version you want to install don't do error don't forget "," at end
write & save

Now you can use App. Central to install the "old" version.

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
skywalker

Post by skywalker »

==== do all this at your own risk ... tested and used by me ... but with my limited but existing knowledge of Linux and Asustor A.D.M. =====
first try to install manually IN a terminal :
copy apk file to /share/Public
open a ssh terminal admin /your_password (if problem after retry with root / your_password)
cd /share/Public
apkg --install xxxx.apk
... generally this method bypass the version verification and do an update when APKG is already installed.
First option works for me! ;)
Thanks a lot.
BigErn

Post by BigErn »

See this post for my fix on this issue. viewtopic.php?f=67&t=11259

Apparently it is caused by an incompatible Intel HD driver that started causing problems around Dec. 2019.
Last edited by BigErn on Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
silentjay

Post by silentjay »

this still hasnt been fixed? the biggest reason i bought this nas was for hardware transcoding. this is a real bummer

Return to “Plex”