IR remote commands XMBC used to have them

Plex Media Center bridges the gap between your NAS and your home theater, doing so with a visually appealing user interface that provides instant access to your media.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Talostan72
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

IR remote commands XMBC used to have them

Post by Talostan72 »

Hi there

I use my As6204T to play moves mostly via Plex now since XMBC was removed. I used to be able to control the XMBC UI via IR remote (Logitech Harmony Ultimate) Since using Plex this is no longer the case. I have spoken to Logitech and the did supply me with code (will have to find the mail from them) to set this up if it can be done on Ausustors side. I can still control the Asustor UI with the remote but not PLex. Any ideas? Would save having to flit from remote the plex app etc...

Have a great Christmas and new year everyone!
father.mande

Re: IR remote commands XMBC used to have them

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Which client did you used ?
Plex for Kodi
Plex Media Player
Plex web interface in chrome

For each a different approach is require
Seem that Remote Control have some conf file depends of the usage (don't know if create your own is documented ?)
... for Plex for Kodi ... using Xbmc conf seem a good choice
... for Plex Web interface ... perhaps usinh Chrome or Youtube R.C. conf
... for Plex Media Player ... no config exist ... but using a know config and Plex input keymaps ( look on Plex site) capabilities can permit to map existing defined key to Plex internal usage ...

So first, please, precise the client you used ...

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
redragor

Post by redragor »

father.mande wrote: ...
So first, please, precise the client you used ...
Hi Philippe,

I've just bought original Asustor IR remote (AS-RC13) and I'm having similar issue. It's working in Asustor portal but when I use OpenPHT it's absolutely useless. Do you have any ideas how I can fix this? Thanks in advance!
My device: AS5304T
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
redragor wrote: Hi Philippe,
I've just bought original Asustor IR remote (AS-RC13) and I'm having similar issue. It's working in Asustor portal but when I use OpenPHT it's absolutely useless. Do you have any ideas how I can fix this? Thanks in advance!
Hum! it's an old (and obsolete) client ... OpenPHT is abandoned by Plex from : 20 March 2017 ... some message one year ago, speak about a new 2.0 version but it's based on a closed Git ... so no news.

OpenPHT is based on an old XBMC (now Kodi) (it's a sort of Xbmc Skin with an addon to do the connection to the Plex server)
... so in Asustor point of view ... it's an Xbmc application, first verify that in /usr/local/AppCentral/openpht/asportal/openpht.json ... the controller select is xbmc (please change openpht to the real name I don't have it)
... line is like : "ctrl":"xbmc"
... it's to define the mapping apply to each key of the remote control.

You can also ask Asustor support ... because it's an official Application, so they can help you ...

I can't run test for now, I am at 600 kms of my NAS ... so if it's easy to connect to it ... it's not possible to use remote control ...

The management of the remote control by Asustor is not clear ... nor LIRC, no more irkeytables ... no more through standard device for RC ... so it's a "black hole" ... now I prefer to use Android phone as remote control through official tools like "Kore" for Kodi or using generic low level tools like droidmote (available as APKG for the NAS server part)

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T

Return to “Plex”