It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:52 pm
All times are UTC + 8 hours

A server could not be found... tips would be appreciated

Plex Media Center bridges the gap between your NAS and your home theater, doing so with a visually appealing user interface that provides instant access to your media.

A server could not be found... tips would be appreciated

Postby kelben » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:31 pm

Hi there!

I currently run an as-604t NAS and want to try install PLEX as I need a series view tracker badly.

I installed the PLEX server on my NAS and access the server just fine (http://192.168.0.104:32400/web/index.html#), but it says on left side it cannot find the server. I turned off the VPN as suggested in troubleshooting but no luck.
Have googled how to add files to my library etc etc but I'm still stuck.

This might be a really noobish problem, but still a problem for me :D Im thankfull for all help.

And last.. do I need a new NAS to be able to browse 4K movies? I'm currently viewing 4K content just fine through it as a DLNA server. If I should, which of the new ones do you suggest? I currently have 4 disks in raid mode. Is it easy to buy a new 4 bay nas from asustor and keep my files?

Thanks for all help in advance.
kelben

Re: A server could not be found... tips would be appreciated

Postby Drosophila » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:27 pm

I have a similar problem (running an AS6404T). My Plex server was working fine, but now it is unaccessible (using the current version of the Plex Server 1.13.8.5395-10d48da0d).

When trying to load the server by either the Plex Media Player (windows 10), Webplayer (Chrome, Win10) or Plex app (android) I get the message: 'The server "Name of Server" is unavailable'.

When I try to lunch the Plex server directly from ADM (the current version 3.2.2.RM92) the page fails to load and I get the following error message: 'The connection was reset - The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading'. (This works fine for my Emby server).

And it does not help to disable and re-enable the server in the App Central or re-boot the NAS...
Drosophila

Return to Plex