Soundsgood Error: the audio codec is not supported

SoundsGood is a Web music player that allows you to listen to all the music stored on your NAS via a Web browser. It supports browsing by artist, album or folder along with keyword searches to help you quickly find the music you want to listen to. The easy to use interface lets you effortlessly create playlists, creating a personalized listening experience. Additionally, SoundsGood supports ASUSTOR NAS’s multimedia playback interface allowing you to connect speakers to the NAS via HDMI, USB or audio jack, turning SoundsGood into your local music player.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

dominik.immler
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Soundsgood Error: the audio codec is not supported

Post by dominik.immler »

Hello Guys.
I`d like to introduce myself.

I`m Dominik, 33 years old and owner of a AS-304T.
Finally got set up everything running and accessible via the www.

Unfortunately i`ve some troubles with some tunes played back with soundsgood.
So i`d like to ask for some support from you guys.

Sometimes while playing music via the soundsgood app, after about 1.5min it suddenly stops and displays a errormessage "unable to play music. the audio codec is not supportet".
2019-03-07 10_31_04-Death from Above.jpg
2019-03-07 10_31_04-Death from Above.jpg (7.57 KiB) Viewed 3717 times
I`m not quite shure, but i think it really has to do something with the audio codec.
Especially those with .m4a codec seem to crash every time after about 1.5 minutes.

I`ve tryed out some Music with .mp3 codec, which seem not to crash at all.

I noticed some more cpu usage while m4a is being played back (48% average), as well as the process ffmpeg running, which doesnt seems to be running while playing back mp3.

Facts:
Browser: Firefox Quantum 65.0.2 (64-Bit)
Asustor AS-304T (3.2.6.RPS2)

Thanks in advance.
Dominik
wde

Re: Soundsgood Error: the audio codec is not supported

Post by wde »

From here it looks like the supported audio formats are AAC, AIF, AIFF, APE, FLAC, M4A, MP3, OGG, WAV, WMA

Someone else here might know why you're getting the error. Maybe try converting an .m4a to another format to see if it's any better.
My NAS: Flashtor 6 FS6706T ADM: 4.2.7.RRD1 Router: Technicolor CGM4331COM (XB7)
dominik.immler

Re: Soundsgood Error: the audio codec is not supported

Post by dominik.immler »

Youre right, officialy m4a should be supported...

What confuses me pretty hard is the fact that the m4a files get played back for about half a song and then interrupts...

Return to “SoundsGood”