slow dvd player

Currently XBMC can be used to play almost all of the popular audio and video formats around. It was designed for network playback allowing you to stream multimedia directly from your NAS via HDMI to any monitor or directly from the internet using practically any protocol available.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

mauro145
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

slow dvd player

Post by mauro145 »

Hi, I have problems to play dvd folders using XBMC's dvd player. It plays but very very slowly. Is this the right place to report something like this?
I own a AS-202TE.
Thanks.
orion

Re: slow dvd player

Post by orion »

As I remember, AS-3XX/AS-2XX cannot do hardware decode on mpeg2 stream (DVD format). It will apply CPU to decode those contents. I own AS-304T, however my contents are mpeg4 or H.264 formats. I'm not 100% sure about it. You can check it with asustor support guy: http://support.asustor.com/
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

I don't know what kind of answer you can expect to get from support. XBMC is no longer being supported by its own developer team.

As such you may want to start thinking about alternatives. Plex will work, if you prepare your media first. Take a look the the 3rd and 4th links in my sig for details.
mauro145

Post by mauro145 »

Thank you guys for your help. I didnt know about mpeg2, I was a bit surprised because any other video file plays just fine. I was happy to be able to replace my media player with the nas, to have more space, less cables. No big deal. Thank you!

Return to “XBMC”