The Movie DB scraper error

Currently XBMC can be used to play almost all of the popular audio and video formats around. It was designed for network playback allowing you to stream multimedia directly from your NAS via HDMI to any monitor or directly from the internet using practically any protocol available.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

wotanica
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

The Movie DB scraper error

Post by wotanica »

I own the ASUSTOR AS-202T NAS which ships with XBMC. I also bought a remote control and use the NAS only for watching movies with XBMC and listening to music.

Sadly, the scraper (The Movie Database) has stopped working! ?

The bug is actually that TMDB added two more fields in their result JSON packet, and since XBMC uses regEx to parse the results -- it bombs out.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
I tried to look for Kodi in the ASUSTOR "appstore", but its not visible. No doubt for performance concerns.

Can anyone tell me how to install a version of XBMC or Kodi that will actually work on my NAS?
MikeG.6.5

Re: The Movie DB scraper error

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

No, there isn't an easy fix for this, and since XBMC is now Kodi, it's likely to not be fixable. Those folks that would fix it aren't doing any continued dev work with XBMC at all, these days.

If you are handy with programming or scripting it might be something you can fix yourself, if you have the patience to do it. Otherwise, well... Options for that model of NAS are limited. (I have one, so I know it's limits quite well!)
Kapitein Haak

Re: The Movie DB scraper error

Post by Kapitein Haak »

Hello Wotanica,

Maybe there's another scraper which will still work? If I remember correctly there was more then one scraper available (IMDB?). On my Pi2 I think I have multiple choices (Kodi 16).

Best regards,
Kapitein Haak.
"What would the world be like without Captain Hook?"
---
"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum" (A wise man doesn't piss into the wind), only in Amsterdam:
https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.36289,4. ... 312!8i6656

Return to “XBMC”