How to do anything in Xbmc?

Currently XBMC can be used to play almost all of the popular audio and video formats around. It was designed for network playback allowing you to stream multimedia directly from your NAS via HDMI to any monitor or directly from the internet using practically any protocol available.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Adagio
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

How to do anything in Xbmc?

Post by Adagio »

Until about a month ago xbmc was working just fine, but it stopped scraping files. Today I tried to see if I could reset the movie and tv show libraries, but that only seem to make it worse somehow. Not only did it manage to completely remove the movies library, with no way of adding it again, I was also completely unable to remove the tv show library. To make matters worse the tv show library now for some reason decided to add a lot of weird tv shows I'm 100% sure I do not have (some japanese cartoons, which I do not watch)

Now with everything messed up already I decided to try to remove xbmc from my AS-302T and added it again. Now I have an xbmc with no functionality at all. I can't add libraries (I can't even see the libraries), I can't download any addons (the only addons I see are addons with chinese/japanese/korean/whatever letters)

So is there any way to actually get it working again? Or am I lost completely with a now useless machine. I bought it for the sole purpose of xbmc and without xbmc there's not much use in it anymore

Any help would be appreciated
twofingertyper

Re: How to do anything in Xbmc?

Post by twofingertyper »

The XBMC add-on is currently 'dead' - the scraper is no longer maintained by XBMC, there's more in this thread: http://forum.asustor.com/viewtopic.php? ... =10#p21795
cgvd

Post by cgvd »

He Super!
I got the same problem: New file are no longer found and added to my library.
I thought I would reinstall but apparently that not a good idea.
I just leave it as is and browse to my file I want to watch.

I also bought the Asustor NAS (302T) because of XBMC (and back up at the same time) and now ist not working anymore!!??!
Not that I was happy with my NAS anyway. Too many Buggy functionality. Actually, EVERYTHING is Buggy on this shit NAS.

What can I say, NEVER ASUSTOR AGAIN! YOu invest Money insomething because ASUTOR themselve promote Mediaplayer/Backup and anup with not even half a working System. An then it even gets worse as time goes on???

ASUSTOR SUCKS!
And the more I read on this Forum the more Iit seems I am not the only one.....
:(
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

cgvd wrote:He Super!
I got the same problem: New file are no longer found and added to my library.
I thought I would reinstall but apparently that not a good idea.
I just leave it as is and browse to my file I want to watch.

I also bought the Asustor NAS (302T) because of XBMC (and back up at the same time) and now ist not working anymore!!??!
Not that I was happy with my NAS anyway. Too many Buggy functionality. Actually, EVERYTHING is Buggy on this shit NAS.

What can I say, NEVER ASUSTOR AGAIN! YOu invest Money insomething because ASUTOR themselve promote Mediaplayer/Backup and anup with not even half a working System. An then it even gets worse as time goes on???

ASUSTOR SUCKS!
And the more I read on this Forum the more Iit seems I am not the only one.....
:(

It's not Asustor's fault that XBBMC is now dead. That would be like blaming the weatherman for the rain... The entire XBMC project is now gone. You have what you have and can't get anything more from the project. Deal with it! Kodi is the replacement, and until the proper apps are released from Intel, you likely won't get it on your model. Again, deal with it! It's not Asustor's fault.

Intel hasn't released the proper HWAccel suite to any of the manufacturers so getting Kodi working on some of the older machines is going to be almost impossible without it. Again, this isn't Asustor's fault, but they are the ones likely to pay for it.

There are alternatives. I'm a big proponent for one of them. You just have to forget that there is an HDMI port on your NAS. Consider it plugged or otherwise disabled because until Intel releases that suite, for all intents and purposes it is disabled for Kodi on most models.

Right now, every NAS manufacturer out there are having the same issues. Buy a Synology or QNap and you are going to find the same problems. So, right now, you need to figure out if you want a solution that can work or if your are going to continue whining about something that's out of Asustor's hands....

If you want to move on and figure out a solution, look at Plex. If not, well, no sense in continuing this discussion, is there... Sell your NAS, and buy a game console. Because the attention span to do what you would need to do with Plex isn't something you're going to be able to do.

SQUIRREL!

And before someone accuses me of toeing the party line, you better look up some of my posts... I'm one of the most critical of Asustor and it's support or lack of, on these forums....
cgvd

Post by cgvd »

So is there any way to actually get it working again? Or am I lost completely with a now useless machine. I bought it for the sole purpose of xbmc and without xbmc there's not much use in it anymore
I realy dont see how Mircosoft gets the blame for this one. If you have something you paid for (e.g. an asustor with a working XBMC version) and it gets taken away (Asustor minus XBMC), in my opinion that is stealing.

So..... Is there a way to get XBMC working again?
It does not hove to be KODI. Just a working Version would be nice.......
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

How many times does someone have to say this... The scrapers for XBMC, (those are the things that match up the items in your library) are dead. They are no longer being updated, and because of this, the PROJECT IS DEAD!!!!

The app will only work with the media you already had matched before the project CLOSED IT'S DOORS!!!

Anything new will no longer be matched and because of this the expectation of the app to continue working is a fools errand.

And I never said jack boo about Microsoft. I said INTEL, the company that makes the CPU chips in your NAS. They are the ones that need to make the drivers and apps suites for the HDMI output and for the GPU built into the chips. Without them you don't get control of any output unless you use a web driven app like Chrome or Portal or similar...

But, you know what... If you don't believe me, fine, do the research yourself....

SHINEY!

Like trying to herd cats sometimes.....
cgvd

Post by cgvd »

I never said I dont believe you. And yes I am a unguided cat, or a stupid sheep, or whatever you might want to call me.
Ist just a tiny bit frustrating that hardware is aparrently so soon obsolete.
Which raises to me the question that if I would invest in new hardware how Long will it be working. Buying a new mediaserver once a year somehow sounds a bit over the top. But I guess thats just me.
How many times does someone have to say this...
I guess lots of times more, since I am probably not the only stupid sheep that bought an Asustor because of XBMC and is wondering why it is not working anymore.

Why not make it a sticky in the "latest and greatest of ASUSTOR" section, or "the advice on buying Asustor" section......

But thanks MikeG.6.5 for your Information. I appeciate your summary of the problem and I appologize for my stupidity.

Return to “XBMC”