Asustor Remote Control

Currently XBMC can be used to play almost all of the popular audio and video formats around. It was designed for network playback allowing you to stream multimedia directly from your NAS via HDMI to any monitor or directly from the internet using practically any protocol available.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

maverick77214
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Asustor Remote Control

Post by maverick77214 »

I Have Asustor AS-606T and i have Asustor remote control with usb IR dongle. Remote control won´t power on the NAS.
When i press power button on NAS front panel. Then the remote control work.
How can i get remote control power on NAS?
aj2

Re: Asustor Remote Control

Post by aj2 »

The remote is only for use with television media apps like XBMC.

Correct me if i'm wrong.
Another Day At The Office
Vincent.T@AST

Post by Vincent.T@AST »

Hi maverick77214,

The ASUSTOR Remote and AiRemote (mobile app) are used to control ASUSTOR Portal. Please refer to this document for details: http://download.asustor.com/college/en/ ... Portal.pdf

If you want to power on/off NAS remotely, please install another mobile app: AiMater. You can find it on Google Play or Apple Store. Here is the how-to document for AiMaster: http://download.asustor.com/college/en/ ... evices.pdf, for your reference. Thank you.
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

I could be wrong, but I thought AiMaster only powered the NAS down. I didn't think it could turn on a NAS that was turned off.
Vincent.T@AST

Post by Vincent.T@AST »

Hi MikeG.6.5,

Our AiMaster can send WOL signal to wake up NAS in the same LAN. Therefore, as long as the NAS is WOL enabled and it is on the AiMaster's server list, you can click on the "power" button next to the server name to wake it up.
aimaster.jpg
aimaster.jpg (16.13 KiB) Viewed 10020 times
chris-audio

Post by chris-audio »

Hello,

Can Wake on lan work with wifi module?
aj2

Post by aj2 »

Usually only a LAN port can wake-up a device. The Wi-Fi module is a USB device and a NAS in sleep mode will shut off USB power. So the Wi-Fi receiver will not be able catch the magic packet that will wake the NAS.
Another Day At The Office

Return to “XBMC”