FTP Explorer issue

FTP Explorer is an FTP client that allows your ASUSTOR NAS to directly connect to and transfer files from FTP sites. Its intuitive interface is able to display the connected FTP site's file and directory structure allowing you to transfer files via drag and drop. FTP Explorer supports resuming downloads, the deleting of remote files, an FTP site manager and also FTPS connections which allow you to enjoy secure file transfers.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

TheLid
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

FTP Explorer issue

Post by TheLid »

I'm trying to use FTP Explorer to copy some file from a remote FTP server to my NAS. I've managed to setup and connect to the remote server (on the right side of the screen) but I can't se any folders on the left side of the screen which, I assume, is the local NAS.

All I see on the left is a blank screen with a / in the address bar above - see attachment. I'm unable to see, change or create any directories.

Any ideas please?
Attachments
FTP.JPG
FTP.JPG (85 KiB) Viewed 9839 times
orion

Re: FTP Explorer issue

Post by orion »

TheLid wrote:I'm trying to use FTP Explorer to copy some file from a remote FTP server to my NAS. I've managed to setup and connect to the remote server (on the right side of the screen) but I can't se any folders on the left side of the screen which, I assume, is the local NAS.

All I see on the left is a blank screen with a / in the address bar above - see attachment. I'm unable to see, change or create any directories.

Any ideas please?
Mine is working fine. There is a possible case: you don't give any permissions of shared folders for the login user on ADM.
What's you login user on ADM web page? Did you grant the permissions to this user (ADM web -> Access Control -> Local Users -> Edit -> Access Rights).
TheLid

Post by TheLid »

Thanks for your reply

I think that's OK, see pictures. Anything else I should check? I'm logging onto the NAS as admin
Attachments
1.JPG
1.JPG (25.21 KiB) Viewed 9822 times
TheLid

Post by TheLid »

and this
Attachments
2.JPG
2.JPG (37.34 KiB) Viewed 9822 times
TheLid

Post by TheLid »

lastly
Attachments
3.JPG
3.JPG (56.4 KiB) Viewed 9821 times
TheLid

Post by TheLid »

But I think your diagnosis was more or less right. The problem I now have is that I'm unable to give the admin account App Privileges to the FTP, or any other, app because the users aren't appearing in the user list.
Attachments
users.JPG
users.JPG (55.57 KiB) Viewed 9813 times
orion

Post by orion »

TheLid wrote:But I think your diagnosis was more or less right. The problem I now have is that I'm unable to give the admin account App Privileges to the FTP, or any other, app because the users aren't appearing in the user list.
I think "admin" should gain full permissions of all Apps. The picture that you showed should be correct. But the behavior is abnormal. Can you see files under ADM web page -> File Explorer? However, no matter it's yes or no, I guess you'd better to send a support request to asustor to check it.

Return to “FTP Explorer”