FTP Explorer behaviour on existing files

FTP Explorer is an FTP client that allows your ASUSTOR NAS to directly connect to and transfer files from FTP sites. Its intuitive interface is able to display the connected FTP site's file and directory structure allowing you to transfer files via drag and drop. FTP Explorer supports resuming downloads, the deleting of remote files, an FTP site manager and also FTPS connections which allow you to enjoy secure file transfers.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

jerrytaff
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

FTP Explorer behaviour on existing files

Post by jerrytaff »

I am using FTP explorer for daily incremental backups of my Humax HDR Fox T2 which currently has about 350 Gbytes recorded on it. I couldn't work out why it was taking so long that the FTP session was timing out. However, monitoring its behaviour in windows explorer , it is apparent I run it, it copies each file, in turn -and then discards the ones that have not changed ....the "date modified" field becomes current, the size field increments until the full file has copied and finally the "date modified" field reverts to the original.
Is there any way to make FTP explorer behave in a less uncouth manner? I really do not want to thrash my hard disks all night every night.
crazynas

Re: FTP Explorer behaviour on existing files

Post by crazynas »

Hi
I recommend use Backup & Restore -> FTP Backup
;)

Return to “FTP Explorer”