File transfer speed limit

FTP Explorer is an FTP client that allows your ASUSTOR NAS to directly connect to and transfer files from FTP sites. Its intuitive interface is able to display the connected FTP site's file and directory structure allowing you to transfer files via drag and drop. FTP Explorer supports resuming downloads, the deleting of remote files, an FTP site manager and also FTPS connections which allow you to enjoy secure file transfers.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

mynas1
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

File transfer speed limit

Post by mynas1 »

Hi

Is there a speed limit on when transferring a file
from the ftp site to NAS as-304t ?

For example when transfer my files from a seedbox
to NAS the max transfer speed I get is 7mb/s
So if I am Transferring multiple files at a time it gets
divided for each transfer , so if transferring 2 files each
will be at 3.5 mb/s

When I use FTP client software like Cuteftp 9 installed on
my desktop I am getting the transfer speed of around 50mb/s

Anyone else have this issue ? Does the transfer speed
go over 7mb/s ?

Any help appreciated
Kerry

Re: File transfer speed limit

Post by Kerry »

Hi, you got to take a look below. I just give it a try within gigabit lan. 7mb/s seems like that you are only getting 10/100mb router instead of a gigabit lan. Maybe you can take a look at the back of the NAS and see if the ethernet led is green or orange. If green, then it is gigabit lan.
Attachments
ftp explorer.png
ftp explorer.png (62.66 KiB) Viewed 8453 times
mynas1

Post by mynas1 »

Hi Kerry,

Thanks for your help . I checked the light and it is green and also under NAS network setting it is listed as 1000mb/s.

Could this be a router issue as I have to use port 32001 when connecting to FTP site ?

Thanks
Attachments
Untitled2.png
Untitled2.png (635.09 KiB) Viewed 8440 times
ho66es

Post by ho66es »

is one via your broadband connection and one via local lan?, that would likely explain speed differences
608t
mynas1

Post by mynas1 »

I have Verizon fios Actiontec router and my NAS is connected to main router via cat 6 cable.My desktop is connected to second Actiontec router which just works as a swich and moca adapter(connected via coax cable )

I am not sure whats difference between Broadband and Lan connection. Both gets internet connection via coax cable.

Thanks

Return to “FTP Explorer”