Connectivity issue on local network

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

jo_wishbone
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Connectivity issue on local network

Post by jo_wishbone »

Hi there.

So half a year ago I've bought the Asustor AS3204T. For a while there were no problems, I set it up quite easily and I was running it for six months without a problem. All of the sudden it started acting up on my home computer that runs Win10.

For a few weeks I could find the drive on the network only if i restarted the NAS. It wasn't that big of a problem until one night i decided to "fix" it. One of the suggested solutions were to revert to SMB1 connection, so I ordered the NAS to take maximum of SMB1, ignoring the second and third. This made the drive totally invisible on my network. So I have reverted the settings. But the problem persisted.

Now I've been trying solutions from all over the internet. At first I have focused on Samba related fixes (it seems that I'm not the only one this type of problems, especially on Win10 machines), network visibility and connectivity fixes, also turned off the Blacklists on the NAS, tried turning off Windows Defender and antivirus... well most of the basic stuff I guess. After six hours of searching and trying, I'm stumped as to what the solution is :shock: .

The NAS works fine in online browser and through mobile apps. It seems only my main networked Win10 is affected, and looks more like a windows problem than a router one.

The weird thing is that I found out that the NAS is findable through direct search (as in \\AS3204T-FEDC\), but the root is invisible to the user. When trying the second level (as in \\AS3204T-FEDC\Work) it gives me the basic network error (0x80070035). When I try hard enough (as in try to connect for a few minutes) in the end it will let me enter my credentials and log in. What the hell Microsoft. Also after I once log in, I'll stay that way until reboot.

Its all documented in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1e143J ... e=youtu.be . Please bear with me, the nature of the problem means the video is six minutes long even after speeding it up.

TL:DR
I have Asustor NAS AS3204T, my windows 10 saw it just fine on local network for a few months. Now it stopped working and I can find it only after few minutes of unsuccesfull clicking as seen in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1e143J ... e=youtu.be .
Connection from other devices works just fine, the online and mobile browser also work. I tried all the basic stuff like switching off antivirus, win defender, restarting NAS. Please help me.
Antonios

Re: Connectivity issue on local network

Post by Antonios »

Man, win10 is a bad bad bad thing. Still it's better than having no computer at all, this is why M$ is giving it away for free (joking).

Anyways, what I would try is make everything about NAS different, name, group or domain, IP, subnet, everything so win10 will be forced to think it is another NAS in another different network, then create a clean profile (or whatever) for connecting to it.

If above suggestion works then 'maybe' I would look into win10 side for a fix, if there is one that is.

Or just keep NAS with new configuration if messing with win10 trying to fix something etc gives me an allergic reaction.

Just my 2c.
sksbir

Post by sksbir »

Hi
I have Linux at home, and never used win10.

But operating systems are currently evolving towards more security rather than less security. That's why I'm surprised you were told to force SMBV1. Personally, I would rather try to remove SMBV1.
trickle_38

Post by trickle_38 »

Jo,
try to instal Asustor Control Center to see if NAS can be found via network.
Rob

Return to “[Official] For AS-30X Series”